7th Annual Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

Somebody do something.

I said right at the beginning that I am susceptible to bribery, but of course that is permissible under both Ancient and Modern rules because Woody invoked Admiralty rules.

That's as much of a hint as I can give you right now, at least unless money is involved ...

Chris

PS

But not half as great an honour, I warrant, as being allowed to rummage in Samantha's drawers.

Samantha, are you going to stand for this! Or would you prefer to sit?

Edited by Chris Timson

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said right at the beginning that I am susceptible to bribery,...

Which leads me to wonder... could a sufficient bribe purchase victory for me, even though I've not made a move? :unsure:

That's as much of a hint as I can give you right now, at least unless money is involved ...

I'm rather short of cash at the moment. Could I interest you in a nice concertina? B)

I'm rather short of cash at the moment. Could I interest you in a nice concertina? B)

Are you mad!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

The GOCE Satellite (http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/GOCE/index.html) which is mapping the Earth's gravity has already identified Wiltshire,UK as an area of severe gravitational stress due to its high CPSK Density (Concertinas Per Square Kilometre). One more could spell disaster leading to the creation of a black hole that would suck us all in and crush us like tiny bugs! (Unless of course you want to send me one to thow the game - in which case I'm sure everything will turn out fine B) )

One more could spell disaster leading to the creation of a black hole that would suck us all in and crush us like tiny bugs!

My company wrote the mission operational simulator for GOCE (quite true), and it rather looks as if my concertina simulator module got mixed up in it somehow, so I'm willing to risk it. Jim, what did you have in mind?

Chris

Somebody do something.

I said right at the beginning that I am susceptible to bribery, but of course that is permissible under both Ancient and Modern rules because Woody invoked Admiralty rules.

Chris

PS

But not half as great an honour, I warrant, as being allowed to rummage in Samantha's drawers.

Samantha, are you going to stand for this! Or would you prefer to sit?

" "

That is an interesting thought. I have recently been granted electronic access to the British Library's great Mornington Crescent archive, a great honour as you know

Very true. A lot of people have been there over the years and the procession of visitors has resulted in some signs of wear and tear, but even so I'll never forget my first time.

As today is the anniversary of Howard Carter unsealing the burial chamber of Pharaoh Tutankhamun in 1923 - I guess it has to be Holborn for the British Museum

" ........................................................!"

After that I shall sneak in a Nisbit-Snaith manoevre to Pimlico. virtually guarantees me a win in two moves unless there is a player familiar with Harringtons reverse drop.

I'm familiar with it-- I just don't like to use it. I prefer to commit a blunder instead!

Morden

morden.jpg

Greetings to all participants in the 2012 edition of this illustrious game.

I have been trying to monitor the ebb, and flow, of a tight game, and, as always, have been in awe of Samantha's concise commentary. I expect that, by Easter, we will have a winner; unless, of course, there is a major lapse in concentration!

Good luck, and may the game be won by a combination of guile and genious.

:-)

Well, all attempts at reaching a mutually satisfactory agreement between Jim and myself having come to naught, I am pleased to announce that in future this will be a clean game. In that spirit may I welcome back one of the most senior players on the circuit and await Mr Trimming's first move with bated breath.

Chris

PS Olympian indeed, Geoff.

Edited by Chris Timson

Cor blimey Guv! - Bethnal Green

Edit - for the aficionados I've played The Knowledge Opined Variant, first played in 1947 (according to legend played by cabby Bob The Gob). Should avoid any confusion...

Edited by SteveS

Cor blimey Guv! - Bethnal Green

Edit - for the aficionados I've played The Knowledge Opined Variant, first played in 1947 (according to legend played by cabby Bob The Gob). Should avoid any confusion...

Listening to a typical taxi driver can make you quite annoyed, and to cap it

Hatton Cross