It's not a concertina but...

All I can say is ....... Phil Cunningham has a lot to answer for! :P

Great sound.Tks J

BTW

Is it just cause we have been forced recently (in the UK) to change to talktalk (who bought Pipex) but in last month a lot of youtubes jump, so fingering views are hopeless. Or was this time delayed shots? :blink:

Great sound.Tks J

BTW

Is it just cause we have been forced recently (in the UK) to change to talktalk (who bought Pipex) but in last month a lot of youtubes jump, so fingering views are hopeless. Or was this time delayed shots? :blink:

Got a bit of a better view of some fingering, though far from smooth, by switching from Bing search engine to another one duckduckgo.com.

This search engine does not (allegedly) track you as does Google (and also Bing.tho there is some kind of opt out

To stop participating in the program:

1.Start your Internet browser.

2.On the right side of Bing Bar, click the Toolbar settings button.

3.Click Quality, select No, I don't want to participate, and then click Close.

http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/bing.mspx#EZ

As most will have seen already there is a row breaking out in Congress about Google altering its 'privacy' policy, which will have some implications for youtubes. Google scans all gmail/googlemail emails already.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Google-Privacy-Policy-Update-Challenged-by-Lawmakers-625688/

Brussels is moving to crack down on privacy data misuse by such companies as well as proposing any data security breach is announced to users within 24 hours.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/EU-Poised-to-Propose-24Hour-Breach-Notification-Data-Privacy-Rules-379540/

Perhaps this should be moved to?

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12084&st=0&p=118997&hl=aggregators&fromsearch=1entry118997

or maybe a new topic: privacy and copyright?

Edited by Kautilya

Great sound.Tks J

BTW

Smooth enough from work (shhhh... don't tell) with a v. high speed connection. Bu tI think the fingers are moving faster than the frame rate at times!

Great sound.Tks J

BTW

Smooth enough from work (shhhh... don't tell) with a v. high speed connection. Bu tI think the fingers are moving faster than the frame rate at times!

yeah, I suspect it's the old OFCOM complaint that our advertised "up to" 8MB rate is far from the reality. Mind you, you have the advantage of that ET alien pedalling faster (to order) to shift the dish around! :rolleyes:

...our advertised "up to" 8MB rate is far from the reality.

How so?

If it says "up
to
" and not "up
from
", then it's really just taking advantage of people's desire to delude themselves.

I've yet to see a claim about the percentage of time one can expect to experience the maximum speed. B)

I 'd imagine Jodrell Bank would have about the highest speed connection available...

I 'd imagine Jodrell Bank would have about the highest speed connection available...

I was playing one-up manship with a colleague in Bonn Max Planck Institute a few weeks ago (now they have scarily high connections!)

We have 1000Mbps in some places (we send data straight from the telescope to Manchester and/or Europe). Desktops in offices may only get 100, but if noone else is using it, my office is capable of 1000 as well. - Note the "if" in there :-) There's also a bottleneck in Manchester that can drop the rate if you start sending terabytes of data through - which happens sometimes

ps I get 2 or 3Mbps at home - and that's exactly what they said I would get .

Edited by spindizzy

I was playing one-up manship with a colleague in Bonn Max Planck Institute a few weeks ago (now they have scarily high connections!)

We have 1000Mbps in some places (we send data straight from the telescope to Manchester and/or Europe). Desktops in offices may only get 100, but if noone else is using it, my office is capable of 1000 as well. - Note the "if" in there :-) There's also a bottleneck in Manchester that can drop the rate if you start sending terabytes of data through - which happens sometimes

ps I get 2 or 3Mbps at home - and that's exactly what they said I would get .

Yeah I noticed a lot of winos along the canal trunkroute in Mcr,tho mind you there were a few at The Baltic after the Lpool stealthfolk!!

That said, it looks as though it something on my tiny portable where I work most of the time and which is causing the issue as the 4Gb desk machine and Toshiba lumplaptop are not afflicted = time to delete something somewhere B)