When the Taters Are All Dug

- Vintage photos help tell this tale of an early 20th century potato harvest in Northern Maine. The music is track 2 of my latest CD “Sing to me, concertina boy” http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jodykruskal4#

Way up in Aroostook County

Where in Winter falls the snow,

Where in the short hot summer months

The big potatoes grow;

Where the farmers cuss and talk about

Their big potato bugs,

There's a smile all o'er the County,

When them 'taters are all dug.

Vocals and Anglo concertina - Jody Kruskal

Mandolin - Sam Zygmuntowicz

Guitar - Bill Peek

- Vintage photos help tell this tale of an early 20th century potato harvest in Northern Maine. The music is track 2 of my latest CD "Sing to me, concertina boy" http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jodykruskal4#

Way up in Aroostook County

Where in Winter falls the snow,

Where in the short hot summer months

The big potatoes grow;

Where the farmers cuss and talk about

Their big potato bugs,

There's a smile all o'er the County,

When them 'taters are all dug.

Vocals and Anglo concertina - Jody Kruskal

Mandolin - Sam Zygmuntowicz

Guitar - Bill Peek

Great stuff and many thanks for posting the youtube video.

The music is great, and, as a an occasional willow basket maker, I was very distracted by the various baskets - once you start noticing them, there's a excellent record of different basket designs in the pictures.biggrin.gif

Chris

as a an occasional willow basket maker, I was very distracted by the various baskets - once you start noticing them, there's a excellent record of different basket designs in the pictures.biggrin.gif

Chris

Oh Chris, thank you so much for pointing that connection out. Of course I admired the baskets too but never thought about basket weavers being interested. Now I've got to show this to my friend Bliss.

Thanks Jody it gave me the post Christmas nudge to order it via CD Baby and Paypal. No bother!:rolleyes:

Thank you Michael. I noticed your order with pleasure.

has gotten about 160 hits since I posted it last week. Most of these views came via Cnet. I know this because I've been lax about publicizing it and the only general announcement was through here. So please, if you see it and like it, post a comment, click the like button and tell a friend to check it out. Edited by Jody Kruskal

Wow! That's really beautiful.

Thank you Wanna. So glad that you liked it, even though there is not much jazz there. The text is from 1916 or so and the tune is mine. I do really like the old stuff and how upon examination, those folks back then are not so different from us today. When I last checked, hits were up to 470 and climbing. Thanks.

Edited by Jody Kruskal