International Concertina Association

A good reminder I owe mine.

Slapped wrist and on the naughty chair.

Al :rolleyes:

there'll probably be enough of us sat on chairs in the corner to start a decent scratch band biggrin.gif

"The Naughty Chair Concertina Band"

Sounds like a winner

Al

A mate has that enitsirhC releeK chair photo (from her photographer in Oz) but not sure how you could play on it Al as your rest-on-knees position would not be so easy :rolleyes: !

On a higher note the ICA membership sec says a number of spooks (not MI5/MI6 -- or as the French would say, MQuinze/MSeize -- but ghost members) paid for 2011 but they did not provide a snailmail address so they have not had their goodie mags (latest of which arrived today)....

Go and check out if you are on the homeless/no fixed abode list.

http://www.concertina.org/ica/index.php/news

:)

Edited by Kautilya

Well, strictly personally you understand, not expressing any party line, I am not sure that twenty quid is exactly "nominal". It had to go up though and the plan is to hold it at that level for as long as possible.

Now, where is this Naughty Chair Band meeting?

All the best for 2012 to all ICA members and (season of good will and all that) those who are not yet members,

Roger

Now, where is this Naughty Chair Band meeting?

Roger

Well you of all people ort to know! Here it is in a video of you with your beard (on your chest below your musical horns)playing during Grinton Lodge, Swaledale Squeeze and you will notice the title includes your neon sign couplets!

Altho the cottage ain;t Grinton

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grinton+lodge+photo&qpvt=grinton+lodge+photo&FORM=IGRE

And tku Roger for triggering me to dig this out - great melody to sound out on a sunny day across the Swaledale hills... almost a (happy) lone piper type toon with no need for chords!

abc midi and dots here

http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display/2223

Edited by Kautilya

...where is this Naughty Chair Band meeting?

It usually meets in the two back rows of the Swaledale Squeeze's scratch ceilidh band!

Much fun is had... and btw, you can now easily renew your ICA subscriptions with PayPal... so no need to even write a cheque! I'm renewed - and looking forward to next year's concertina.net reminder.

Thanks.

Edited by P Carr

...where is this Naughty Chair Band meeting?

It usually meets in the two back rows of the Swaledale Squeeze's scratch ceilidh band!

Much fun is had... and btw, you can now easily renew your ICA subscriptions with PayPal... so no need to even write a cheque! I'm renewed - and looking forward to next year's concertina.net reminder.

Thanks.

Tho Martin Hen the Hon Memb Sec kindly advises Paypal only best for overseas members not UK ones.(Seems there is an extra UK cost because of transaction fee by Paypal for UK).

Consulting in interim with him whether a "request total from seller" would work for transaction to be added to the 20 quid. Might be same as the cost of debiting a paper cheque and stamp and envelope, or may create more "ghosts' and more processing work.