Concertina master class in Miltown Malbay coming in February

hotdog

Oidhreacht an Chláir are proud to announce a new initiative - master classes in Irish traditional music,

beginning with the concertina. Master concertina player Noel Hill will be the tutor at the inaugural class

which takes place in Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare, Ireland.

See attached link for a press release and how to register.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=1347b61d6a99345a&mt=application/msword&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D3bd52ac2c8%26view%3Datt%26th%3D1347b61d6a99345a%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26realattid%3Df_gwnr0e7i0%26zw&sig=AHIEtbT3Tweqfr8xwWu9zBqcQdryezO8Vw&pli=1

• 1 month later...

Sad to have missed this event. I looked at the whole package as a great experience. A good bit of variety with lectures, concerts, and of course a well focused class. Peter, you mentioned fully booked. What were the approximate numbers? Age groups? I look forward to the upcoming flute and fiddle offerings with Matt Molloy and Martin Hayes.

I don't know how many places were available officially. I didn't count but I'd say there were not more than maybe fifteen participants during the student recital. Mostly teenagers from all over Ireland.

Edited by Peter Laban

noel played a house concert in my locality a couple of months ago, and he was gorgeous. and very generous with time and repertoire....interesting....come to think of it, recent local solo appearances by some of the masters in the age group of noel through, say, the bothy cohort have been the most gorgeous i have heard any of them play ever--live, youtube, or on recording. this includes paddy keenan about a year ago at a mortifyingly sparsely attended show where he was obviously quite put out over it [it was his pr team's fault IMHO, but still], but i dare say has never played better in his life; noel late this summer; and kevin burke for an entire concert all by his ownsome quite recently. paddy keenan and kevin burke took the tunes somewhat slower than they sometimes have been known to do, and they were both peerless, no exaggeration....

Edited by ceemonster