How to put photos in a post?

Hi there, I've quite often done an "insert image" in a post, but it just adds the URL link to the photo. I've noticed that some people manage to get the actual photo itself to appear in the posting. Is there a way of doing this or is it just for VIPs?

Andy.

Just use the "attachments" option. This options also works for non-VIP's :-)

What you do is:

Save your photo (preferably in jpg or jpeg format)

Click on Choose File and find it...

Then click on "Attach this File"

which puts your photo at the end of your post. Repeat as required.

"Attach this File" brings up an option on the right, "Add to post" which puts it in the body of the post at the cursor position if that's what you'd rather do.

You can use Preview to see what it looks like.

Malcolm

post-8844-0-87785200-1324942640_thumb.jpg

Hi there, I've quite often done an "insert image" in a post, but it just adds the URL link to the photo. I've noticed that some people manage to get the actual photo itself to appear in the posting. Is there a way of doing this or is it just for VIPs?

If you have the URL for an image, you don't even have to use an attachment. Just press the little tree icon above the box you're typing in when you post (two icons to the right of the yellow happy face). Paste in the URL of your image. Click "Insert Image." The image will show up in your post, as I've done below. This method does not use any of your storage space on concertina.net, so can be used for as many pictures as you want, of any size.

jim_bayliss_concertina.jpg

Using the "Preview Post" button before you click "Add Reply" can help you make sure everything's formatted correctly.

If you have the URL for an image, you don't even have to use an attachment. Just press the little tree icon above the box you're typing in when you post (two icons to the right of the yellow happy face). Paste in the URL of your image. Click "Insert Image." The image will show up in your post, as I've done below. This method does not use any of your storage space on concertina.net, so can be used for as many pictures as you want, of any size.

jim_bayliss_concertina.jpg

Using the "Preview Post" button before you click "Add Reply" can help you make sure everything's formatted correctly.

OK here goes. I'm clicking on the "insert image" button above (2nd right from the smiley)

The URL is Wheatstone-9 but when I paste it into the little box I get the error message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board."

I'm guessing that's because it hasnt got .jpg on the end, but that's the actual Flickr link.

Andy

Pbase works, Flickr doesn't.

Flickr works if you use the .jpg address, not the address of the page. I right-clicked on the 640-sized image, and pasted it here:

6526324837_49169b4830_z.jpg

Then, for even more convenience, I clicked on the "insert link" icon (looks like a chain, just to the right of the happy yellow face) while the text for the image was still highlighted, and pasted in the URL that you originally posted for the image (its flickr page). That means if anyone clicks on the image above, they can see the picture on flickr in different sizes or whatnot.

Holy Guacamole, Boney--the least you can do is add the "volume" button on that picture....I'd love to hear that monster's actual tone! (we want more we want more we want more....)

I'd love to hear it too -- but I'd love to play it even more! I found it with a google search, it's apparently Jim Bayliss playing that large Wicki/Hayden duet.

Pbase works, Flickr doesn't.

Flickr works if you use the .jpg address, not the address of the page. I right-clicked on the 640-sized image, and pasted it here:

6526324837_49169b4830_z.jpg

Then, for even more convenience, I clicked on the "insert link" icon (looks like a chain, just to the right of the happy yellow face) while the text for the image was still highlighted, and pasted in the URL that you originally posted for the image (its flickr page). That means if anyone clicks on the image above, they can see the picture on flickr in different sizes or whatnot.

Excellent, thanks for all the help.

Andy