My Vintage Crabb Anglo For Sale - - -

andydiamond

Hi All,

I have reluctantly decided to offer my 48 button Crabb Anglo for sale, because I can't use it to sing with anymore, my voice is not comfortable in C/G now.

It is in C/G, and was fully restored by Colin Dipper in 2008, with new 6 fold bellows, a tune-up, and the metalwork re-polished. I have the receipt for this work.

Geoff Crabb thought it was made around 1890 to 1900.

Very unusual, with fretted and engraved metal sides and ends, probably made for a professional entertainer in the Music Halls, the light would have reflected well off the polished metalwork - -

Also fitted with a cuckoo call and a bird whistle, there were also a couple of other sound effects, which look to have been expertly blanked off many years ago. Even Colin, with all his years experience, could not identify what they may have been.

The left side on the bottom row goes down to an amazing low C on the piano - - -

It weighs in at 3lb 13oz, and the sides are 6" across the flats. My modern Crabb anglo is 3lb 3oz, and the same 6" across flats for comparison.

When I got it back from Colin I posted it here

Price £5000, it will make a great addition to a collection, and it plays very well too !

A very unusual and rare instrument, lovely to play, I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate and enjoy it, It is just sat in it's box here now.

You can post questions here, or p.m. me, or email: - Andrew@AndrewClayton.net

post-1285-0-98625400-1324908611_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-72607200-1324908627_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-33910700-1324908639_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-49099600-1324908661_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-11455900-1324908678_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-26709100-1324908721_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-81880100-1324908736_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I have reluctantly decided to offer my 48 button Crabb Anglo for sale, because I can't use it to sing with anymore, my voice is not comfortable in C/G now.

It is in C/G, and was fully restored by Colin Dipper in 2008, with new 6 fold bellows, a tune-up, and the metalwork re-polished. I have the receipt for this work.

Very unusual, with fretted and engraved metal sides and ends, probably made for a professional entertainer in the Music Halls, the light would have reflected well off the polished metalwork - -

Also fitted with a cuckoo call and a bird whistle, there were also a couple of other sound effects, which look to have been expertly blanked off many years ago. Even Colin, with all his years experience, could not identify what they may have been.

The left side on the bottom row goes down to an amazing low C on the piano - - -

It weighs in at 3lb 13oz, and the sides are 6" across the flats. My modern Crabb anglo is 3lb 3oz, and the same 6" across flats for comparison.

Price £5000, it will make a great addition to a collection, and it plays very well too !

A very unusual and rare instrument, lovely to play, I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate and enjoy it, It is just sat in it's box here now.

A sumptuous looking instrument which deserves to end up in the hands of someone who has the necessary skill to take full advantage of all those buttons !

Hi All,

A sumptuous looking instrument which deserves to end up in the hands of someone who has the necessary skill to take full advantage of all those buttons !

A similar model (40 button ?) was the choice of Scan Tester (1887-1972) towards the end of his life, according to Issue 31 of 'Concertina & Squeezebox' Summer 1994.