2011 Christmas concertina tree/pyramid

Greg Jowaisas

L to R top: Lachenal 46b MacCann $995. USD

Rosewood Steel reed Lachenal 5-fold $1100; Made for Matusewitch 1960s Wheatstone $1350.

Lachenal ext. treble Excelsior steel reeds 5-fold original bellows $1100.; Wheatstone 1850s brass reeds 5-fold $900. Wheatstone steel rivet reeds 4-fold $1600.

Also available: Lachenal rosewood 5-fold with decent brass reeds $700. Rosewood Wheatstone brass rivet reed 6-fold bellows $1600.

L to R top: 26b semi miniature Brazilian rosewood Jones C/G broad steel reeds regular pitch. Early serial # 1213 $2200.

Lachenal 28b C/G steel reeds 6-fold $1500. Lachenal 26b rosewood semi miniature Ab/Eb piccolo tuned 6-fold $2500.

Lachenal mahogany 24b C/G 5-fold $750. Lachenal 22b rosewood C/G stl reeds $800. Lachenal 30b mahogany stl reeds Jowaisas 6-fold bellows $1800.

Jones 34b C/G stl rds 6-fold $1500. Lachenal 28b C/G stl rds 7-fold $1600. Lachenal 40b Eb/Bb piccolo stl rds 7-fold $2800. Rosewood 26b Jeffries Ab/Eb Jowaisas 6-fold $3800.

Personal message or email: gjowaisas (type @) insightbb.com for availablity, details and pics. Contribution to cnet for any sale through this forum.

Happy Holidays to all cnet members and concertina aficionados everywhere. And a heartfelt thanks to Paul Schwartz and Ken Coles for all their time and effort for providing us a place to gather, learn and share.

I was working on this pyramid during the summer looking forward to making this an annual offering. Family health issues put a hold on some of the instruments' refurbishment. In the meantime I've had some very patient and understanding customers waiting for me to catch up on their repairs. So let me assure Ben, Linda, Stephen, Don and Gerry that your instruments are on the front burner and I'm on the home stretch to getting them back to you this next week.

The instruments in the pyramids are for sale. Some are ready to go with pads, valves and necessaries replaced, in tune and playing well. Others can be ready in a few days to a few weeks beginning January 1st.

I'll let you guess and speculate as to their identities. Nothing too rare but a couple of surprises. In a few days I'll identify them if you'd like to grade your guesses. January 1st I'll be available to answer questions, give prices and availability.

Until then it is back to the workshop (but not Santa's) for me.

Best wishes for great holidays!

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

I won't bed about the brands but some seem to have unusual button arrangements.

In the anglo tree :

The bottom left one with a shifted outer row (?)

The central one with 11 buttons (total 22?)

The little one at the top also looks unusual.

Coud you show the other side of the tree ? wink.gif

"Hey Greg, in your January Sale, will you be doing any Buy One, Get One Free special offers?"

A yorkshiremans idea of a special offer - - - - BUY ONE,GET ONE - - - -

Got that from a Yorkshireman the other day, As a Lancastrian I HAD to share it with you !

Have a great Christmas everyone, and here's to a Happy New Year for All.

Andy.

My link

Thought the first guess to be quite simple at first sight:

EC pyramid, the very left one in the bottom line should be an Lachenal Excelsior or so,

but now I count one too many buttons, and the end(s) might be more raised then they should happen to be... :rolleyes:

P.S.: Do I correctly recall one of those boxes on eBay with a surprising "Wheatstone" label?

The bottom left one with a shifted outer row (?)

The central one with 11 buttons (total 22?)

The little one at the top also looks unusual.

I've seen some old Jones with a RHS shifted outer row (can I call it chevron shape?), LHS was same as usual. I guess Jones.

I too think 11 buttons one has total 22 button. Here is a photo of similar model but with mahogany ends. I guess Lachenal.

Top one looks unusual to me and very interesting (piccolo?). I guess Jones again but without confidence.

Happy Holidays to all,

--

Taka

Edited by Takayuki YAGI

Instruments now identified with accompanying information in original post. I'm happy to respond to all inquiries after January 1st. Please PM or email for pics, shipping info etc. gjowaisas (type @) insightbb.com

Best of concertina adventures and....Happy New Year!!1 :D

Greg

Thanks for fulfilling the promise !

Lachenal 26b rosewood semi miniature Ab/Eb piccolo tuned 6-fold $2500.

Does that mean it is one octave higher than regular "tenor" Ab/Eb ? must be incredibly piercing....

David,

I have a 30b piccolo C/G. I would reserve the description "piercing" for that one although with rosewood ends it is more like "squeaky" in the upper register.

I've never really thought of this instrument as "piercing" so much as "quick and spritely". It's small size and easy response were life savers when I went through periods of connective tissue injury the first few years of anglo playing. It kept me playing while things healed enough to tackle my full sized instruments.

Perhaps I can get my 14 year old "computer tech advisor" to help me set up a way to record a sound file.... Then you can decide for yourself.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas