My new Suttner

Simply amazing are the first words out of my mouth. My Suttner A4 arrived via UPS well packed and ready to play. Solid Ebony, 38 key and very light. I know some have mentioned weight recently, but it is light, fast, and beautifully responsive. I feel as though the break in time will be short, and I will be totally used t it by the end of the weekend. I would also like to praise Jürgen for delivering the concertina in the timeline promised, approximately 48 months. Well, time to stop writing and get back to playing.

C/G on this one. I have loved my Bb /F from Jürgen since I got it in 2006. It was the instrument I chose to record with because of the tone. This new one is stunning, maybe even better than the Bb /F for the overtone structure. I really love the solid ebony sound.

C/G on this one. I have loved my Bb /F from Jürgen since I got it in 2006. It was the instrument I chose to record with because of the tone. This new one is stunning, maybe even better than the Bb /F for the overtone structure. I really love the solid ebony sound.

Hey, congratulations Lawrence. B)

I could shout SNAP! ... because I collected my own 2009 A2 C/G Suttner just last weekend, so I know exactly how you are feeling.

Although, perhaps not quite, because I managed to pick mine up 2nd hand, so I didn't have those four years of building anticipation to enjoy. ;)

Also, I've never actually owned or played a Suttner before, so I came very fresh to this one, but I must say I am absolutely delighted with it.

Like yours, mine too has ebony ends, but mine are actually raised which, with me being an Aeola player too, I really appreciate.

Anyway, here she is:

2161281410102727105S425x425Q85.jpg

There are a few more photos in this ... Album

It is loud in a session, without being shrill so, to my ear at least, it blends beautifully with the other instruments. Perhaps these qualities have a little to do with those Ebony ends & who knows, perhaps even the raised element also adds something to the quality of sound.

I must get around to posting a couple of videos.

Cheers,

Dick