Wanted Maccann duet

Hallamtrads

I'm in the market for a MacCann duet of 55 + keys size. If anyone out there is feeling the need to part with such an item I'd really like to hear from them.

Have you contacted maccannic regarding his recent thread:

OK, it's time to sell my first concertina: 64-key Maccann duet B)

Cheers,

Dick

I'm in the market for a MacCann duet of 55 + keys size. If anyone out there is feeling the need to part with such an item I'd really like to hear from them.

Have you contacted maccannic regarding his recent thread:

OK, it's time to sell my first concertina: 64-key Maccann duet B)

Cheers,

Dick

Yes, I saw it earlier but its outside my specs and price-range. Ideally I'd like to acquire a 55 or 57 key.

Thanks anyway.

Ideally I'd like to acquire a 55 or 57 key.

And you're aware that on a 55-key the low note in the right hand will almost certainly be G above middle C, yes?

Yes, I'm sort of resigned to that at present.

I think what I'm really saying is that I need a 57 key.

Ideally I'd like to acquire a 55 or 57 key.

And you're aware that on a 55-key the low note in the right hand will almost certainly be G above middle C, yes?

Yes, I'm sort of resigned to that at present.

I think what I'm really saying is that I need a 57 key.

I think we'd sussed that Paul. ;) Some below 57/58 key Maccanns which have been modified and have the middle C, and octave crossover do exist though, so it's probably worth checking out.

I've got a 55 key Lachenal that i could be tempted to part with. It's a real beauty, wooden ends but very bright and chirpy. I now play a 67 Chidley system (uniform maccann) and it's a bit of a faff switching between the two (slightly different) systems, so it's probably time to let it go. The bottom note on the right hand side is a G I'm afraid, but you can always play over both sides (if it's good enough for the anglo players...). I'll put up some photos tomorrow. Could even try and post a sound sample if that helps. Are you by any chance a Davenport?

Nick

I've got a 55 key Lachenal that i could be tempted to part with. It's a real beauty, wooden ends but very bright and chirpy. I now play a 67 Chidley system (uniform maccann) and it's a bit of a faff switching between the two (slightly different) systems, so it's probably time to let it go. The bottom note on the right hand side is a G I'm afraid, but you can always play over both sides (if it's good enough for the anglo players...). I'll put up some photos tomorrow. Could even try and post a sound sample if that helps. Are you by any chance a Davenport?

Nick

Thanks Nick - I'm about to go out to look at a 57 key but might get back to you later. Yes, I'm the senior Davenport, have we met?

cheers, Paul

Nick

Thanks Nick - I'm about to go out to look at a 57 key but might get back to you later. Yes, I'm the senior Davenport, have we met?

cheers, Paul

I think we may have been in a couple of sessions together, I'm a mate of Gav's that's why I recognised your username. Good luck with the 57 key, and let me know if you want any more info on my one.

Nick

Paul, have you considered joining the Maccann-Mccann Concertina Players forum & posting your request over there?

Cheers,

Dick

That's a great idea too Dick, many thanks for the kind thoughts and support. However, of this afternoon I am the proud guardian of a Wheatstone 57 key duet. So, Christmas may now commence.

best wishes,

Paul

Nick

cheers, Paul

I think we may have been in a couple of sessions together, I'm a mate of Gav's that's why I recognised your username. Good luck with the 57 key, and let me know if you want any more info on my one.

Nick

I think we were playing together at the AFO in the evening? I've managed to acquire a concertina to my delight. All is good.

Paul

That's a great idea too Dick, many thanks for the kind thoughts and support. However, of this afternoon I am the proud guardian of a Wheatstone 57 key duet. So, Christmas may now commence.

best wishes,

Paul

Excellent! ... Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be very happy together! ;)

So I guess it's Party Time! 5.gif

Cheers,

Dick

best wishes,

Paul

Excellent! ... Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be very happy together! ;)

So I guess it's Party Time! 5.gif

Cheers,

Dick

Thanks for the partoon! :-)

cheers

Paul