Free Reed Magazine

michael sam wild

I'm trying to get hold of Sean O'Dwyer's article on Irish Music from the 70s. Any digital or file links available please?

Would that be "The Concertina in Irish Traditional Music" from the August 1973 issue? If so, I've got it and could probably scan and e-mail to you if you'd like.

I'm trying to get hold of Sean O'Dwyer's article on Irish Music from the 70s. Any digital or file links available please?

I've sent a PM to Mike. I spoke to Neil today, and we've agreed to put all the old Concertina Newsletter/Free Reed magazines on the Concertina Museum website in the future. I'll let you know when they are there.

That will be fantastic. I've all the readers tapes downloaded, but it would be awesome to download the magazines themselves.

Different magazine, I think. The "readers' tapes" came from Concertina & Squeezebox magazine, which was North American, while Free Reed was English (from Neil Wayne).

I believe C&S downloads are already available, and a quick search here should find the details for that.