Huckleberry

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I am still offering my Dipper concertina for sale. So far not 1 offer.

That's strange. The count of your post(s) indicates that you haven't previously posted in these Forums (at least not using the same user id).

Could it be that you thought you had posted your concertina for sale, but that the posting failed (and so wasn't counted), and that that's why you had no response until now?

I am still offering my Dipper concertina for sale. So far not 1 offer.

That's strange. The count of your post(s) indicates that you haven't previously posted in these Forums (at least not using the same user id).

Could it be that you thought you had posted your concertina for sale, but that the posting failed (and so wasn't counted), and that that's why you had no response until now?

This user posted the ad a few weeks ago with another account...

• 2 months later...

so, I have no e-bay savvy at all; and I've seen this in several instances; what does it mean when you see someone raise their own bid with nothing inbetween? E-bay sort of scares me--but of course I cannot resist scrolling thru "concertinas" (I like the generization, 'cause then I get to see all the chimnitzers also!) at least 2x daily!

so, I have no e-bay savvy at all; and I've seen this in several instances; what does it mean when you see someone raise their own bid with nothing inbetween?

Say the bidding on an item is at ten dollars. If you tell eBay that you're willing to pay twenty dollars for it, your bid will be immediately registered at $11 -- just more than the ten it was going for. If I then come along and bid fifteen dollars, your bid will raise up to sixteen, and beat mine. After all, you've already told eBay you're willing to go as far as twenty.

People watching the auction will see your bid jump from eleven to sixteen, and I will never show up, because I was never really in a position to win.