Recommendation Study Book For Beginner

LWilson

I have just purchased my ELA chemnitzer concertina - 51 buttons. I am looking for a recommended book to help a beginner get started. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have created and attached a keychart for this model in case others would like to have it. It's tuned in the key of C.

I have just purchased my ELA chemnitzer concertina - 51 buttons. I am looking for a recommended book to help a beginner get started. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have created and attached a keychart for this model in case others would like to have it. It's tuned in the key of C.

I think that "Henry Silberhorn's Instructor for the Concertina" is still the standard Chemnitzer instruction book. It's out of print (so far as I know) but I see a couple of reasonably priced used copies here on AbeBooks. There's also a newer instruction book listed here that I haven't seen.

I think that "Henry Silberhorn's Instructor for the Concertina" is still the standard Chemnitzer instruction book. It's out of print (so far as I know) but I see a couple of reasonably priced used copies here on AbeBooks. There's also a newer instruction book listed here that I haven't seen.

But I should add that if this is the same concertina you mentioned on your other post, it's not a Chemnitzer...

Edited by Daniel Hersh

I've been told several different things about this instrument. I thought the general concenses was that it's a chemnitzer. Can you tell me what it is?

I believe it's a Carlsfelder - see my earlier response to your other post at http://www.concertin...showtopic=13492 . Full-size (51 or 52 button) Chemnitzers have four rows of buttons on the bass side. Carlsfelders, to the best of my knowledge, have three rows, as does your concertina.

Thanks. I value your opinion on this instrument. I ordered the CD of the German music played on the Carlsfelder. I have posted pictures of this concertina as well as the keyboard layout at this link: https://picasaweb.google.com/107234593005015077115/MyConcertinaELA1920s?authkey=Gv1sRgCOvM6t_Pl5L58wE#

If you would like to take a look at the keyboard layout I've created directly from the instrument. Once on this website you can right click on the image and download to desktop. Then print it out.

Thanks so much

Thanks. I value your opinion on this instrument. I ordered the CD of the German music played on the Carlsfelder. I have posted pictures of this concertina as well as the keyboard layout at this link: https://picasaweb.go...OvM6t_Pl5L58wE#

If you would like to take a look at the keyboard layout I've created directly from the instrument. Once on this website you can right click on the image and download to desktop. Then print it out.

Thanks so much

Well, I don't have much else to say - did you have a specific question? Digging around online I did find a 2-volume Carlsfelder instruction book in German that seems to be available here (search for Carslfelder in the little search box) and here and on some other German sites as well.