Sign in to follow this  
squeezed

1980 Wheatstone English Aeola for sale.

Hi all,

My recently acquired post-7231-0-73899200-1322458644_thumb.jpg friend Gillian in Australia has a nice Metal ended English treble Aeola for sale. As I was first interested, then could not commit, I told him I'd let you all know about it. I own a Aeola from this period and mine is light, loud, and wonderful to play. His link is referenced below.

His email is: Gillian.Alcock@netspeed.com.au let him know if you're interested.

Here's what he has said about it in his advertisement.

1980 Wheatstone English Aeola for sale manufactured around 1980 for the present owner. It has plated metal ends, fully fretted and 'dished' rather than flat. The six-fold leather bellows are original and perfect. The steel reeds speak clearly and loud, making this an excellent box for sessions, tuned to modern concert pitch A440. It has been played regularly and kept in good order, always stored and transported in the flight case shown. Serial number is 600**, and was manufactured in Eye.

http://www.1classifieds.co.uk/0/posts/2-For-Sale/39-music-instr/2574765520-Concertina-Wheatstone-pound-1800.html

Hi all,

My recently acquired post-7231-0-73899200-1322458644_thumb.jpg friend Gillian in Australia has a nice Metal ended English treble Aeola for sale. As I was first interested, then could not commit, I told him I'd let you all know about it.

Err... Gillian Alcock is a well known maker of hammered dulcimers and unless something drastic has changed very recently is a female! I own one of her small cimbaloms and she does good work.

That said 1800 pounds seems like a steal to me even with the postage from Oz.

Sorry Chuck, I don't have a 1980 Wheatstone Aeola for sale. It is a 1915 Wheatstone concertina. You can see information about it on my website www.austdulcimer.com. I'm asking $8000AU, not 18oo pounds .... where did you get that idea from? The Aussie dollar is equivalent to about 98 cents US just now.

Gillian

My appologies to all on my difficulty deciphering gender. Her ad looked so attractive that I should have known immediately.

Wow, why are there strange errors existing in the ad of the tina's description in both year and price. I too wonder how it is that these do not match. This is how I contacted Gillian from the US by responding to the ad. ???

Anyway, I was just trying to do a good deed.

My appologies to all on my difficulty deciphering gender. Her ad looked so attractive that I should have known immediately.

Wow, why are there strange errors existing in the ad of the tina's description in both year and price. I too wonder how it is that these do not match. This is how I contacted Gillian from the US by responding to the ad. ???

Anyway, I was just trying to do a good deed.

I wonder if the listing on the British site is bogus in some way. Here is a link to the ad on Gillian's own site.

Hi Gillian,

Just got your 15 yr old cimbalom from Paul Beck out in Portland. Nice work, though I don't play very well yet. I trust he said hello at the conference.

The ad I referred to is in the first post above. Looks to me as though that is not your ad. Things seem a bit confused. I just bought a Model 21 a while back. A very nice player. But I'm happy to say I paid a bit less than you are asking.

Hope all is well there.

Sorry Chuck, I don't have a 1980 Wheatstone Aeola for sale. It is a 1915 Wheatstone concertina. You can see information about it on my website www.austdulcimer.com. I'm asking $8000AU, not 18oo pounds .... where did you get that idea from? The Aussie dollar is equivalent to about 98 cents US just now.

Gillian

Gillian,

it would appear that you do not really wish to sell this concertina because your asking price is nearly three times the currently perceived market value for such an instrument. Chris Algar of Barleycorn Concertinas would sell this model for about £1500 or at a maximum of £2000 in fully restored and tuned condition. This would suggest that at a price of $3000(AUD) it might sell.

Geoff.