What's The First Step to Learning ?

LWilson

Ok. I've purchased what appears to be a nice 1920s 51-button ELA Anglo concertina. I'm a life-long keyboard player so I know music, but I don't have a clue how to start to play this new instrument.

Where do I go from here?

Larry

Ok. I've purchased what appears to be a nice 1920s 51-button ELA Anglo concertina. I'm a life-long keyboard player so I know music, but I don't have a clue how to start to play this new instrument.

Where do I go from here?

Larry

That's not an Anglo. It might be a Chemnitzer. Can you post some pictures?

Where do I go from here?

Larry

Hello Larry smile.gif

biggrin.gif as Daniel says, it does look more like a chemnitzer.

I know Minnesota's a bit away from South Carolina but it might be worth contacting the Czech Area Concertina Club for chemnitzer concertina players smile.gif

They might have some members living near you and their site has lots of useful information

Ann

Edited by anlej

I have a lot to learn. See pictures here https://picasaweb.go...OvM6t_Pl5L58wE#

OK. Looks like not an Anglo or a Chemnitzer, but a Carlsfelder. It's a pretty obscure system - the only players I know of are in the Franken/Franconia area of Germany. ELA is a good make, though. I don't know of any instructional materials for the Carlsfelder in English. There's some material in German, including a keyboard diagram here. I don't know if the Carlsfelder layout is completely standardized, so your instrument may vary a bit. There's a good German CD of Carlsfelder playing listed for sale here, including sound samples.

Edited by Daniel Hersh