Concertina Track

Lovely playing Sir!

Thanks for posting this ... great to be able to actually hear your Concertina in action! B)

Could well be the best 64p I ever spent! :)

Let's face it, you can't even buy a Mars Bar for that nowadays! :P

Cheers,

Dick

P.S. Played on a Bb/F Concertina ... yes? ;)

P.P.S. Nope, sorry, I got it wrong, he's actually playing in F, on a C/G!

I'm afraid I'm too lazy, when it comes to tricky keys on the Concertina .... I just reach for my Fiddle! :ph34r:

Edited by Ptarmigan

P.P.S. Nope, sorry, I got it wrong, he's actually playing in F, on a C/G!

I'm afraid I'm too lazy, when it comes to tricky keys on the Concertina .... I just reach for my Fiddle! :ph34r:

It actually makes sense, as it was originally composed in F on fiddle I think. The G version became the common session key, but F is way nicer :-) Tricky for an average concertina player like me with the Bb button and all, not easy to make it sound smooth in F (Sean is doing an amazing job), much easier for me in G.

It actually makes sense, as it was originally composed in F on fiddle I think. The G version became the common session key, but F is way nicer :-) Tricky for an average concertina player like me with the Bb button and all, not easy to make it sound smooth in F (Sean is doing an amazing job), much easier for me in G.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I was only just able to keep up, after a few practice runs, playing along with it on my own Bb/F!

Even when I play tunes in F on the Fiddle, I cheat by tuning my 2nd Fiddle down.

Where's the blushing smiley, when you need it! :(

Cheers,

Dick