Are their any Classical Music Festivals-United States

StephenTx

Your right and my intention was more humor injected therefore the :-) symbol if I were unhappy I would perhaps use another symbol. This is one of the challenges in texting, chatting etc. is to capture the "emotional intention(s)

Edited by StephenTx

Back to the classic music part.....StephanTX, I did pull out my 50 year old piano books--those 2nd and 3rd grade Thompsons and something called "More easy classics" . I find that anything with a strong melody line plays well on the EC. And there are even some melodies that have appropriate chords for the concertina. Very fun. I now find myself listening to violin and cello solos with a different ear...would that translate to EC??? Michelle

My mother taught me if you don't have anything nice to say.... I didn't realize we were so critical with typing and typo's :-)

A sense of humor helps a lot, especially if you find you've inadvertently played the straight man.

If we were really critical of typing and typos, not to mention linguistic and grammatical errors, there would probably be more posts of criticism here than posts about concertinas. Best to grin along with (at least some of) the rest of us when someone finds humor in what you've written.

Back to the classic music part.....StephanTX, I did pull out my 50 year old piano books--those 2nd and 3rd grade Thompsons and something called "More easy classics" . I find that anything with a strong melody line plays well on the EC. And there are even some melodies that have appropriate chords for the concertina. Very fun. I now find myself listening to violin and cello solos with a different ear...would that translate to EC??? Michelle

I'll heartily second this. Piano tutors of the 'Easy classics' and 'Children's Classics' type are always worth a look; children can't cope with going low into the bass it would seem (short arms I suppose) so you get a sparse arrangement which fits the concertina better than grown-up music. Well, as long as your instrument does actually have some bass notes, anyway. Of course whether what you are offered is something you'd want to play is another matter, but I've found some good stuff in the kids' music included in my piles of jumble sale music. (This is the way I buy my music these days, in vast tattered anonymous piles for a few bob 'to clear'. I've found all sorts of things.)

I'll heartily second this. Piano tutors of the 'Easy classics' and 'Children's Classics' type are always worth a look; children can't cope with going low into the bass it would seem (short arms I suppose) so you get a sparse arrangement which fits the concertina better than grown-up music. Well, as long as your instrument does actually have some bass notes, anyway. Of course whether what you are offered is something you'd want to play is another matter, but I've found some good stuff in the kids' music included in my piles of jumble sale music. (This is the way I buy my music these days, in vast tattered anonymous piles for a few bob 'to clear'. I've found all sorts of things.)

Shelly

I am told (no expert here) that violin must is good for the treble concertina and that is much of what I am using. The cello sheet music I am told is more suited for a baritone concertina or I would imagine a tenor baritone and finally the bass more for the bass and so forth I have purchased these wonderful Fake music books for the violin that have the melodies and the corresponding cords. The Classical book I have has over 800 pieces of music. But there again I am a newbie and learning much from all the folks on CNET so I throw out what I have been told with the hope of being corrected if necessary.

I play one part (and a pianist friend plays the other two parts) of recorder trios composed by Corelli, Hayden, and Mozart. It would be fun to play with three concertinas. I will have to ask the members of the San Diego concertina club if they want to try this classical music. At our last meeting we played two Irish slow airs with three part harmony. That was a wonderful experience.

is not the file I wanted to use as an example of kids' music books being a good place to look for squeezebox music but it will do to demonstrate that point (even if everyone has now forgotten we were discussing it). I don't know why the file I wanted wouldn't load but it seems to be the file rather than the system, so I'm happy again.