FS: Suttner A2

Micha

Hi everybody,

I've been reading and sneaking around here for a couple of years now, but never posted anything. Sorry about that. Now the first thing I am posting is being posted, because I'm not playing anymore. Sorry for that, too...

Having tears in my eyes, I'm selling my Suttner Anglo concertina, a A2 model. It was made for me by Juergen Suttner in November 2009 and it is a real beauty, talking about both, the looks and the sound.

Here's some features:

- 31 buttons

- slightly modified Jeffreys layout (the first two buttons on the right hand accidental row are c#/c# and eb/eb)

- 31st button is a drone, played by the left thumb. I made Juergen build it sounding in "d" instead of "c" - well - for obvious reasons, playing Irish music...

- RAISED ebony ends are something really rare. It looks astonishing, it sounds somewhere between wood and metal ends. Really lovely piece of craftsmanship.

- Of course it comes in its original case (which I padded a bit in addition as it was a bit too big...)

It's in a really good condition, just having 2 or three really minor scratches. Of course it is fully working and in tune. I'm selling it because I'm not playing anymore, I think such great instruments should be played and not just be collecting dust.

And - to be honest - of course I could use the money...

The instrument is located in Essen, Germany. If you're around, you're invited to come and test it. I am selling actually to everywhere around the world, but please note that outside Germany, the shipping costs will be your deal. And of course - if you're outside the EU - the customs, taxes, whatever will add to the price: it's your part.

Here are some pictures:

P1020172.jpg

P1020173.jpg

P1020175.jpg

P1020177.jpg

P1020178.jpg

P1020190.jpg

Thanks for your attention.

Micha

Edited by Micha