Congrats on playing out

Just got in from a folk festival in Prescott, Arizona. Dan Madden (member 'madden') did a nice set on banjo and a Wheatstone aeola. Nice songs and tunes, keep it up!

Concertinas were still a novelty at this festival, unlike most of the festivals I go to in eastern U.S. The West is still Wild. B)

Ken

Is this an annual festival in Prescott? Or was Dan there for one of the weekly/monthly (??) "arts in the square" type of events? I have a sister in Prescott Valley I would love extra excuses to visit--wish I had know about in advance! Next time?? Michelle

It's OK Michelle, I didn't know about it either but I've been pretty face down with work that last couple of months. There are periodic things around Prescott. I'll see if I can send you a couple of links ... though they may be more old-time music with concertina as an add-on.

It is an annual folk festival (look up "Sharlot Hall museum"), and I found it quite eclectic (not just one style). When I get to a new area (I'm in Arizona for a bit on work), I scour the events in the newpapers, the web, bulletin boards, and find lots to do (certainly true here in northern AZ). For you Tucsoners, I'm sitting in with some Flagstaff folks who are scheduled to come play the Oct. 29 contra dance in Tuscon, maybe see some of you then.

Ken

It is an annual folk festival (look up "Sharlot Hall museum"), and I found it quite eclectic (not just one style). When I get to a new area (I'm in Arizona for a bit on work), I scour the events in the newpapers, the web, bulletin boards, and find lots to do (certainly true here in northern AZ). For you Tucsoners, I'm sitting in with some Flagstaff folks who are scheduled to come play the Oct. 29 contra dance in Tuscon, maybe see some of you then.

Ken

Is this with the Tucson Friends of Tradional Music, Ken? I'll look forward to meeting you when you come down this way!

Thanks for the kind words, Ken.

I have been going to the Sharlot Hall museum festival for many years now, but it has been going on for much longer. It is definitely an Arizona style folk festival with a spread of musical forms and styles that will stretch anyone's definition of folk. But that openness and the generally friendliness of the musicians opens a lot of opportunities for the adventurous looking to join a jam or workshop. I always find it great fun, and I enjoy both the listening and playing.