Jody Kruskal's

I'm off for another jaunt around England to play in folk clubs and teach a workshop for the International Concertina Association. Here is my schedule:

10/21 Fo'c'sle Folk Club, Southampton

10/27 The Tump Folk Club, Coventry

10/29 International Concertina Assn. all systems workshop, Lewes, 10:30 am

Union Music Store, Lewes 3:00 pm

Lewes Saturday Folk Club, Lewes UK 8:00 pm

10/30 Bell & Jorrocks, Frittenden, Kent

11/2 Faversham Folk Club, Kent

11/3 The Anchor, Byfleet, Surry

11/4 Swindon Folksingers' Club, Swindon

11/5 The Acorn Folk Club, Minehead

11/6 Walthamstow Folk Club, London

Links for all of these events can be found in the schedule on my web site. Some earlier schedules included a performance at The Barge in Gillingham on 31 Oct. That performance is cancelled along with the Monday night series that has been going on there for years. Sorry.

With any luck, I'll have my new CD with me, titled "Sing to me, Concertina Boy" (BTW, thanks for all the title suggestions... what a hoot!). I plan to sing some selections from my new release along the way. I hope to see many of you in a few weeks.

Edited by Jody Kruskal

The finishing touches for the new CD are under way. Still some graphics issues to deal with and one more mixing session today then it's done. As for Palestine... I would love to be invited and there was a very positive response this year... we'll see how it all turns out!

Chris, so glad to hear that you will be at Lewes, see you there.

Edited by Jody Kruskal

It will be great to see you again John.

Since I put up my schedule I've had a cancellation at the Barge in Gillingham Oct. 31. Also, I neglected to include my appearance at The Anchor, Byfleet, Surry on Nov. 3

I'll edit my first post to reflect the corrections.

It will be great to see you again John.

Since I put up my schedule I've had a cancellation at the Barge in Gillingham Oct. 31. Also, I neglected to include my appearance at The Anchor, Byfleet, Surry on Nov. 3

I'll edit my first post to reflect the corrections.

Sadly, Monday nights live music at the Barge was cancelled due to a severe drop in attendance from earlier in the year. Once it is gone, I do not see it coming back.

- John

Hoping to see you at the Walthamstow gig on sunday 6th November, Jody.

Chris

That's great Chris. See you there.

On another note, There is a club where I would like to be a proper guest in 2012. I could play at their open session on Wed. 26 October and get to meet the organizers but they can't put me up. Might anyone here like to join me and offer a spare bed I could sleep in on Wednesday?

Baldock & Letchworth Folk Club -- Music Live!

Every Wednesday - Music starts at 8.30pm

The Orange Tree

Norton Road

Baldock

SG7 5AW

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to see you at the Walthamstow gig on sunday 6th November, Jody.

Chris

That's great Chris. See you there.

On another note, There is a club where I would like to be a proper guest in 2012. I could play at their open session on Wed. 26 October and get to meet the organizers but they can't put me up. Might anyone here like to join me and offer a spare bed I could sleep in on Wednesday?

Baldock & Letchworth Folk Club -- Music Live!

Every Wednesday - Music starts at 8.30pm

The Orange Tree

Norton Road

Baldock

SG7 5AW

Bed sorted out for 26 October. So far my tour has been successful. My gig in Southampton went very well and I've sung floor spots at the Cellar Upstairs in London and the Herga in Pinner. Lots of other floor spots along the way are secured and I'm enjoying my stay in lovely England where the people are so friendly and the music is so good.

Would love to come and see you in Byfleet next week Jody (since I've managed to louse up the other opportunities I might have had by working next weekend). I'm shamelessly using this site to see if there is anybody who is going who might be able to give me a lift from and to the nearest railway station (or from Woking or Guildford ) since I don't have transport, and the stations aren't exactly on the doorstep of the pub. Can anybody help me out please?

Would love to come and see you in Byfleet next week Jody (since I've managed to louse up the other opportunities I might have had by working next weekend). I'm shamelessly using this site to see if there is anybody who is going who might be able to give me a lift from and to the nearest railway station (or from Woking or Guildford ) since I don't have transport, and the stations aren't exactly on the doorstep of the pub. Can anybody help me out please?

Alright folks, step up to the plate and help Irene get to the show.

As for me, I've played additional floor spots at the Hoy in Southend and the Green Tree in Baldock, great nights both. Highly recommended clubs with friendly talented folks.

Jody.

You left 2 pairs of socks behind Doh!

At least they are clean socks.

In separate emails, Ralph Jordan has waffled between binning the socks and keeping them in the freezer. The last, presumably to avoid household contamination. Ralphie, rest assured, you could eat off those freshly washed socks that I left on your back yard line. You could strain your coffee through them. You could stir fry them for dinner and there would be no ill effects or harm (though not recommended... rather tough stuff and not particularly nutritious.)

As for bringing them to the Walthamstow gig, yeah, I want 'em back... but please, no public presentation. I want those folks to hire me back again next year!