Ready to sell my rescued antique Lachenal

Cassie

OK--I am ready to sell the Lachenal I rescued from antique store about a year ago. I have looked for comparables to establish a minimum on e-bay and will accept any ideas here. It is a 20 button C-G anglo with steel reeds. I paid $480 for repairs (PDF of the list available on request), which were done by Mike Crowe of Keys and Squeeze in Illinois. What are your thoughts on this? Although I like to play it, I prefer my Wheatstone and have no real need for this instrument, although it has a very sweet voice. So, if you see it on e-bay, you may recognize it from this post...Wish me luck!

p.s. The schmuck who sent me the scam offer need not write to me again.

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Sorry. I just love the word schmuck and it's used beautifully here. Good luck with the sale!

Lucy

P.S. Include a link when you finish listing the concertina on eBay.

Edited by MitfordRI

• 2 months later...

OK--I am ready to sell the Lachenal I rescued from antique store about a year ago. I have looked for comparables to establish a minimum on e-bay and will accept any ideas here. It is a 20 button C-G anglo with steel reeds. I paid $480 for repairs (PDF of the list available on request), which were done by Mike Crowe of Keys and Squeeze in Illinois. What are your thoughts on this? Although I like to play it, I prefer my Wheatstone and have no real need for this instrument, although it has a very sweet voice. So, if you see it on e-bay, you may recognize it from this post...Wish me luck!

Hi Cassie. Sorry to bring you down but I've just recently bought a 20 button Anglo for £117 and will be refurbing it and selling it for around £300 ($350) The 2 row Anglos don't seem to fetch big prices.

Andrew