LTB: inexpensive anglo

Thaosyr

Hi all.

I'm a novice when it comes to concertinas, as well as music in general, but I picked up one of those cheap chinese pieces of junk 30 key c/g anglos and have been having fun with it.

Unfortunately, after only having it a month, some of the buttons stick, etc etc. I knew it wouldn't last long when I got it, but I was hoping for a bit more time, especially since I only have time to play with it for an hour a day.

So I am looking for a modest (400 is my max, and I'd honestly like to spend less, the wife and I are both back in school, money is tight) 20 - 30 key c/g anglo.I've been checking flea markets and ebay, but no luck so far.

I'd love to try out an EC too, but i can't find any in Florida.

Hi all.

I'm a novice when it comes to concertinas, as well as music in general, but I picked up one of those cheap chinese pieces of junk 30 key c/g anglos and have been having fun with it.

Unfortunately, after only having it a month, some of the buttons stick, etc etc. I knew it wouldn't last long when I got it, but I was hoping for a bit more time, especially since I only have time to play with it for an hour a day.

So I am looking for a modest (400 is my max, and I'd honestly like to spend less, the wife and I are both back in school, money is tight) 20 - 30 key c/g anglo.I've been checking flea markets and ebay, but no luck so far.

I'd love to try out an EC too, but i can't find any in Florida.

Hi Thaosyr

Have you considered a rental until the time comes? Also, their instruments in stock page has a Rochelle (Anglo), and Jackie (English). Both are well thought of. http://www.buttonbox.com/other-services.html

Thanks

Leo :)

Thaosyr, please contact Greg Jowaisas, one of our c.net members here in the mid-USA. He builds concertinas by profession and fixes concertinas as an avocation. His prices are extremely fair, almost below buying retail, and he will actually work to find what you need. He understands budgets. He has a number of beginner instruments and some lovely "I wish I could move up to that" instrumemts. He is a teacher and wants you to succeed. He is golden in the US concertina community. Then buy that concertina repair book--also golden. Best of wishes in your search. Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Thaosyr

jeffn has a Rochelle to sell.

In case you're curious I have posted

the beginnings of a review of this model

on a thread called

Rochelle 1.0, a novice's review

under General Discussions.

Just sayin.

Shas

Hey, Thaosyr

jeffn has a Rochelle to sell.

In case you're curious I have posted

the beginnings of a review of this model

on a thread called

Rochelle 1.0, a novice's review

under General Discussions.

Just sayin.

Shas

Thanks for the advice everyone. I spoke with jeffn, but decided against buying his Rochelle because he wouldn't use paypal and wanted a blind money order. Nothing against him, I just like to have a plan B in case something goes wrong.

I did manage to find a metal ended 40 button bastari (stagi) for cheap on eBay, and am patiently awaiting it's arrival. I know it's not the best out there, but it'll do till I can justify a large investment in an instrument.