CD naming Contest

Being new in this forum, I'd like to say "hello" to everyone and suggest, in this topic, the following, just resuming the game of references:

"Every 'Tina Tells a Story"

(or replace "Tina" with "Squeeze", but the mentioned version sounds better to me)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... my wife ... suggested “Tempting Prudence” which I like very much (as some of the songs are of questionable taste), but there is a bodice ripping novel by that name that has quite a number of google hits, so perhaps something else.

I've been trying to find something similar, yet different. No surprise that I've found it difficult, especially because of the double meaning of both seducing the woman (named "Prudence", I presume) in the picture and risking social conventions in the choice of material. "Tempting Fate" might be close, even though "Fate" would be an unlikely name for a person, but it would also get gazillions of irrelevant Google hits. (I just tried it and got "About 1,230,000 results". "Tempting Prudence" only gave me 332 hits.)

"Taunting Prudence", on the other hand, only got me four Google hits. The meaning would be somewhat different, though.

"Begging Charity"? A different meaning, both with the lady and Jody's "action". But also 7530 Google hits by itself, and even 1450 hits when "CD" is also required in the match.

Ah, but after that last search I wondered what the results would be if instead of Googling "Tempting Prudence" unrestricted, I searched for the combination of "Tempting Prudence" and "CD". Voila! Only 19 hits. (And at the moment, the combination of "Tempting Prudence" and "Kruskal" only finds this thread.)

So, Jody, I would suggest that "Tempting Prudence" is an excellent choice, after all. Anyone who knows either your name or that they're looking for a CD shouldn't be so imprudent as to be tempted to use a too-broad search and thus get swept off course by a wave of irrelevant links.

Looking at the picture, reminded me of a phrase, I have had to use,

and no doubt other people have used this phrase a few times,

" Don't Touch my

Concertina "

Roger

Or, better yet, "Don't Touch My Squeezy Thing!"

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Your wife's response prompts me to suggest

Dog's Breakfast,

though you might think that unkind.

Your artwork brings to mind

Around the World in 36 Buttons

(or whatever number describes your instrument).

How about playing off on James Cook's splendid achievements with

Cook's Holiday; a Voyage of Discovery

?

Congratulations, by the way.

May your reviews be gratifying and your rewards abundant!

Dear fellow squeezers,

Thank you all for your fine suggestions for my CD title. I have laughed out loud at some of the suggestions and seriously considered others.

At this point I have a few contenders and a favorite. Please give me your feedback. Here are the titles I am considering:

Squeezebox Serenade (thank you Stephen Mills)

Squeezebox Holiday

Sing me another one Dearie

And my favorite so far:

Sing to me, Concertina Boy

What do you think?

I was hoping to make this available at the Squeeze-In next week but that is not to be ( I will be there, God willing). The delay is that I keep on adding additional players. Bass on four tracks last week and just today I recorded with a local uke/trombone player on two tracks. Each addition requires a shift in concept and lots of editing to pull it all together. I'm close, but not there yet. Such fun I've not had in years!

My bottom line is to have the finished product ready for my UK folk club tour at the end of October. There is some great ear candy in this project and though I've got a deadline breathing down my neck I'm committed to letting the music run it's course.

Again, thanks all for your support, suggestions and flights of fancy.

Edited by Jody Kruskal