English Country Music Weekend 2012

Here's a copy of a message that I posted up yesterday on the ECMW facebook page:

Following the considerable enthusiasm - expressed during ECMW2011, and subsequently on this web page - to hold ECMW in Brightlingsea again next year, I have made preliminary enquiries with the organisations who were our hosts in June. I am delighted to report that not only will it be possible to return to Brightlingsea for the same weekend next year (June 22 -24) it is also clear that we will be made very welcome!

We were pleased with our arrangements this year and we felt that the event was a success. To have this confirmed by the many positive comments from those who attended and also from Brightlingsea itself gives us a great incentive to build on this next year. We will have a preliminary meeting in a few weeks’ time when Jon is back from Nebraska to get the substructure in place. After that we will shelve it until the new year.

I have already done one thing. I have block-booked most, possibly all, of the B and B accommodation in Brightlingsea so that it will all be available for ECMW (Last year we lost some of it to visitors for the Open Gardens event with which we coincide again in 2012.) The convention appears to be that those presenting talks, quite a major commitment, are offered free accommodation whilst ‘guests’ are also accommodated where possible, but at their own expense. Many of these people prefer to join in with the camaraderie of the camp site, so it’s a rather inexact science! We will still have some accommodation available after that is all finalised, so if you would like to apply for that accommodation please email me privately and I’ll start a list.

Hope to see you there, and probably somewhere sooner!

If you wish to keep informed of ECMW developments this facebook page is a good way of doing it. I'm not a facebook user but I was introduced to this page after this year's event and it seemed worth getting involved. (I have no other facebook presence.)

Best wishes,

Roger

Here's a copy of a message that I posted up yesterday on the ECMW facebook page:

Following the considerable enthusiasm - expressed during ECMW2011, and subsequently on this web page - to hold ECMW in Brightlingsea again next year, I have made preliminary enquiries with the organisations who were our hosts in June. I am delighted to report that not only will it be possible to return to Brightlingsea for the same weekend next year (June 22 -24) it is also clear that we will be made very welcome!

We were pleased with our arrangements this year and we felt that the event was a success. To have this confirmed by the many positive comments from those who attended and also from Brightlingsea itself gives us a great incentive to build on this next year. We will have a preliminary meeting in a few weeks’ time when Jon is back from Nebraska to get the substructure in place. After that we will shelve it until the new year.

I have already done one thing. I have block-booked most, possibly all, of the B and B accommodation in Brightlingsea so that it will all be available for ECMW (Last year we lost some of it to visitors for the Open Gardens event with which we coincide again in 2012.) The convention appears to be that those presenting talks, quite a major commitment, are offered free accommodation whilst ‘guests’ are also accommodated where possible, but at their own expense. Many of these people prefer to join in with the camaraderie of the camp site, so it’s a rather inexact science! We will still have some accommodation available after that is all finalised, so if you would like to apply for that accommodation please email me privately and I’ll start a list.

Hope to see you there, and probably somewhere sooner!

If you wish to keep informed of ECMW developments this facebook page is a good way of doing it. I'm not a facebook user but I was introduced to this page after this year's event and it seemed worth getting involved. (I have no other facebook presence.)

Best wishes,

Roger

Great

Service at the campsite was 5* so wot more could one ask you for?! It is not often one can roll out of bed (literally) and be squeezing 20 yards later with a whole bundle of talent!

And you organised sunshine, and that supah beer plus good grub on site and the grub was good with v. helpful staff at the Yacht Club.

Nice if you can let us know here wot's happening as you are not alone in not being a tweetfacebooker or whatever they are called..... :) :)

Tks again!

I tried to find the ECMW page on Farcebook and had no joy - searched by 'ECMW', 'English Country Music Weekend', and a couple of other search terms, but couldn't find it.

Could some kind soul post a bookmark to the page? My Google fu is usually pretty strong, but let me down big-style this time ...