ENGLISH 48 BARITONE WANTED ENTRY LEVEL STAGI OR ETC

StephenTx

Ladies and Gentleman: This Texas guy is wanting a English 48 key BARITONE as an entry level instrument. Can anyone help this Texan out or head me in a direction. Thank you. StephenTx my personal email is stephenknoll@yahoo.com

I would be looking at a Jack from Concertina Connection, right price and a decent basic concertina to learn on - but do remember that by their nature baritones are not the most responsive instruments.

Pete.

Or check out the Geordie model from the button Box in Massachussetts

I would be looking at a Jack from Concertina Connection, right price and a decent basic concertina to learn on - but do remember that by their nature baritones are not the most responsive instruments.

Pete.

But what is the difference between the keying of the Jack it is not 48 key...what is lost with it? and the Geordie

Pete.

I don't want to sink $2500 into a Geordie being new on this journe

The Jack has 30 keys-- it's missing the top octave of the range, and duplicate accidentals throughout. That is to say, your low G# key will be missing, but if you need the note, you can just play the A-flat on the other side.

Jack has a (deserved) reputation as the best baritone available for under $1000. If you specifically need 48 keys and under-$1k, there's a Stagi baritone at http://buttonbox.com/instruments-in-stock.html for $970. Stagi is a beginner-level instrument that gets mixed reviews; you may have better luck purchasing through the Button Box than many other places, since button box will give it a professional once-over before they send it out.

The Jack has 30 keys-- it's missing the top octave of the range, and duplicate accidentals throughout. That is to say, your low G# key will be missing, but if you need the note, you can just play the A-flat on the other side.

Jack has a (deserved) reputation as the best baritone available for under $1000. If you specifically need 48 keys and under-$1k, there's a Stagi baritone at http://buttonbox.com/instruments-in-stock.html for $970. Stagi is a beginner-level instrument that gets mixed reviews; you may have better luck purchasing through the Button Box than many other places, since button box will give it a professional once-over before they send it out.

THANK ALL OF YOU! I just bought the one from the Button Box. They were extremely helpful and I think having the adjustment and the follow up service is worth alot. I also have a Lachenal Treble vintage 1870 coming from England. I am so excited to get started. I appreciate all I have learned thus far. I even had my first Skype pre lesson Saturday with Pauline de Snoo from the Netherlands...so I am set all I need now is my instruments and you all to keep me learning and motivated. BTW there was a Stagi baritone for sell my Jim Laab from Jim Laabs Music in Wisconsin USA...but you would not believe how rude seemingly uninterested he was. Definitely someone I would not have wanted to work with. Thinking perhaps I got him on a bad day I also found many post here and on the Internet who experienced the same attitude. Unfortunately some of the folks bought from him and were very unhappy.

But I am Very Happy and ready to go. Thank you all again. I have also made a donation to the site.