Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2012

• 6 months later...

Tickets are now available for the weekend so if you are not on my mailing list email me for a ticket booking form.Details of the weekend(note it starts on a Thursday) are below.The majority of those invited have confirmed they will attend.

THE NINTH

BRADFIELD TRADITIONAL MUSIC WEEKEND

19th,20th 21st & 22nd July 2012

Edgemount Farm

Lumb Lane

High Bradfield

Sheffield S6 6LJ

Located in the Pennine Hills in the Peak District National Park,this unique gathering features some of the best traditional singers and musicians

Those who have been invited include:-

Singers:

Jeff Wesley (Northants) John Greaves (North Yorkshire) Roger Hinchliffe,Gordon Hoyland, Joe Atkins, David Helliwell (All South Yorkshire) Members Of The Pennine Concert Party (Traditional Singers from the Holmfirth area)Finbarr Wall,Tom McCarthy,Chris "Yorkie" Bartram, Jan Kerr & Ellie Logan (Cumberland) Jane Livingstone,William Noble & John Cocking,Bob Auty(West Yorkshire)Paul,Liz & Gavin Davenport,Graham Walsh,Annie Taylor,John Haig,Pat Tuby & Brian Kidd(North Yorkshire),John Bentham,Tracy Boyle(Scotland) Kevin Powers(Lancashire)Dave McCracken,John & James Walshe(County Clare)John & Mandy Waltham,Gavin & Julie Atkin,Kathy Hopkirk(Scotland)

Singers/Musicians:

Rees Wesson , Roger Digby & Liz Giddings,Gavin & Julie Atkin,Annie Dearman & Steve Harrison,Alan Day & Mike Ainscough, Ken Woolfenden,Harry Scurfield,Martin Clarke(Ex Leeds Band),Mike Hebbert,Geoff Hardman & Kieron Lynch,Roy Clinging,Geoff Wright & The Bracken Rigg Band,Gavin Davenport,Heather Hazell, Chas Marshall, Mike Acott,Shay Fogarty & Owen Collins(Concertinas-Dublin)Vic Ellis(One Man Band)Sandy Shallis,Neill Brookes & Tony Weatherill,Ernie Gordon ,Jimmy Little & Rob Say(Northumberland)Dick Glasgow(Scotland & Antrim)John Murphy (Uilleann Pipes, Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals)Fiona McConnell (Flute, Vocals)Liam Murphy (Uilleann Pipes, Cittern, Whistle)Kevin Webster (Button Accordion)Chris Boland (Guitar) ,Frank Lee & Corrie Lee-Schrijver,Dave Prebble,Taz Tarry,Flos Headford,John & Katie Howson,Dartmoor Pixie Band,Matt & Dan Quinn,Martin Ellison,Liam Robinson

Guest Speakers(Others to be announced)

“Crime,sex & retribution in English folk song”

STEVE HARRISON & ANNIE DEARMAN

Geoff Crabb

With: Sessions In Local Pubs

Real Ale Bar

Weekend Tickets £20 After 1.6.2012 £25 Per Person to include Camping & Saturday Night Dance

Email:edeophone@aol.com

Kathy Hopkirk(Scotland)

Just a slight correction Mark - it's actually Kathy Hobkirk ;)

Am I still on your mailing list by the way, as I'd love to try and make it back this year, all health problems (touch wood) having been resolved ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody who is aged 30 or under as at 1.1.2012 is entitled to a free ticket.Send me a booking form and a stamp addressed envelope stating your date of birth and you do not have to pay.Despite this being circulated nationally only one person has asked and been given a free ticket.Surely not everybody interested in traditional music is over 30!I thought "folk music" was supposed to be cool!

• 2 months later...

There are still a few tickets left for the weekend cost £25.So if you want to come email or ring me and pay on arrival

We are starting the weekend tonight(Thursday 19th July) at The Royal Hotel,Dungworth with many of the guests in attendance including concertina players Roger Digby,Dave Prebble,Geoff Wright plus many other singers and musicians.We'll kick of about 8 ish.If you want pies get their earlier.

Only one person under applied for a free ticket and she cannot now attend as she is in France.Are there no musicians or singers under 30 out there who would like to save themselves £25 and get a free ticket?

Mark Davies

Email:edeophone@aol.com

Mobile:07850475067

Hope it's a good weekend!

It's going well and the weather is fine. Still time to get down today!

It's a long way UP to Sheffield from here . Nice idea, but I don't think so! Maybe next year ;)

Edited by Irene S