Wilhelm Konig 144 tone Bandonion Tutor Materials?

Hi Folks;

I recently acquired a lovely old Wilhelm Konig Bandonion (144 tone bi-sonoric ) , It sounds great, and works well, but I can't seem to find any tutor books or information about the layouts, and/or methods for learning to play it.

I have already started making my own layouts on paper and creating a template that I can use for learning to play it, but I would appreciate it , if anyone out there has seen anything that could be helpful, please let me know. The instrument has 36 buttons on the left and 36 buttons on the right.

Also, for any German folks out there, do you know of any archive website that might have photos or nostalgic information about the old factory that made these bandonions?

The factory was called; Wilh. Konig Musik-Instrumenten Fabrik Berlin N.W. 87, Franklin Strasse 19.

Greetings everyone!

Tanguero_1

there is a method book for the 144. it's in two parts. i'm pretty sure it's mainly musical excercises, not sure there's a lot of explication of bando technique and buttons. it is in german. button box accordions might have it, and it shows up on ebay sometimes....

Hi,

For the full range 144 tone- as well as the smaller ranged 128 tone "Einheits" lay out bandonion there are two types of tutors

According number notation system

Notes + number notation starts with scales: a,d,g,e (easier fingering positions for basic chords)

Enables fast learning of simple melodies low to medium level start, but you'll remain a musical analphabetic for long period of time.

Bandonion number notation system tutors do not aim for learning to play according normal music notes later

Requires adding numbers to the notes yourself before playing.

Note-number convertor/list for most used bi sonoric lay outs exists (contact us: harrygeuns@skynet.be )

For number notation tutors, best google : Walter Poerschmann or Peter Fries "Bandonion Schule" ( as reprints offered by several publishers )

Normal notes tutors

No number notation, start in scale of c )

Slower and harder to learn to play but better long term results.

Vintage:

Schlegel 2 volumes, integrates three types of bandonion : Kusserow-, Standard-, and 144 tone "Einheits" bandonion no longer availlable ( copy only )

Also check Christian Mensing's site for tutors also for temporary authors

URL: http://www.inorg.chem.ethz.ch/tango/band/band_node33.html

Harry

there is a method book for the 144. it's in two parts. i'm pretty sure it's mainly musical excercises, not sure there's a lot of explication of bando technique and buttons. it is in german. button box accordions might have it, and it shows up on ebay sometimes....

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my bandonion question!