evrey movie or tv show with a concertina

Hi Ido

Finding all would be an impossible task.

I don't know how up to date this is, but it's the best list I've found for movies. It's mixed up with accordions:

http://www.mediarare.com/MRFlmNts.html#abba

There is a TV list thread, that's a year old

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10555&view=findpost&p=105958

Concertinas show up frequently in movies in the least expected places. There are a few mentions of them in the forums. Some of the links don't work anymore, since they are so old, but here's a good place to find some titles.

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Thanks

Leo

Well,

Off the top of my head I offer:

Bob Hope in the Paleface

Bing Crosby in High Society

Desi Arnez in Forever Darling

Stan Laurel in The Big Noise

? in The Milagro Beanfield War

But Ken Coles has copies of older threads.

Cheers,

Geo

I hope you can find the John West salmon advertisement which was used on UK tv some years ago. Its not very nice to concertinas - it gets cut in half - but it is worth it just for the look on the players face. I've searched youtube but not found it.

wow I've just seen the list Leo gave me and OMG it would take me like 20 hours to find all those movies(only the ones in the list with a concertina in them) I guess I'll only collect cartoons.

There's also a youtube video that shows the end of a concert and the concertina player throws his instrument into the air and fails to catch it coming back down. I think it hits another person on the head on the way down. Might have been a Stagi?

The incident was at Melodeons at Witney 2007 - the finale concert, and Simon Care was the player that tossed his instrument in the air (I gather it's a normal party trick), but mistimed it, so that the instrument descended onto the head of Saul Rose. I gather that it actually drew blood, and that the instrument, which was on loan to him, had to undergo repairs.

I want to make a video with every concertina ever shown on a a movie or tv so if you can wrie it here it would be nice.

I alreadt know allot but the more the better

I can add one nobody has probably mentioned before: "Москва слезам не верит", or "Moscow does not Believe in Tears" - in the middle is a short section where the main character is watching a television displaying a band, one member of which is playing a concertina. It's a classic Russian movie and can be found here.

Edit: my appologies - I see it's already included in the first list.

Edited by Frederick Wahl

It's a classic Russian movie and can be found here.

Or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-R5sgaAZQ#t=35m50s

That's a quick catch. If I'd have blinked I'd have missed it.

Oh, but there's more.

Try entering the video

And the playing continues for quite a while without the player being visible.

It's an English, and it looks like an Aeola.

Also looks like he may actually be playing it!

On my long to-do list is an copy of a thread on this subject from the old forum system that went on and on and found many movie titles. I need to dig it up and paste it in here! Keep asking!

Ken

• 1 month later...

I want to make a video with every concertina ever shown on a a movie or tv so if you can wrie it here it would be nice.

Just found this one, don't think this one has been mentioned: "Until They Sail" 1957 with Jean Simmons, Joan Fontaine, Paul Newman, and Piper Laurie (playing the concertina). Great score by David Raksin to boot!

From memory, I'm pretty sure there is one, and English that never makes it out of the box, in The Return of Sherlock Holmes: The Priory School. I may be wrong about the episode, but it's well worth watching all the Jeremy Brett Sherlocks in any case!

Hi Danny

Boy you got good eyes. As they walk into the room, and sets the candle on the table, there it is for only about a half a second.

Thanks

Leo B)

- and off my head, I am sure that Kirk Douglas played concertina as Ned Land in Jules Verne's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", 1954, the jolly sailor he was!

/Henrik