Jolly Roger

This pic, for those of us that weren't there, is how Roger Digby presented the beer tent at Brightlingsea; he had to put his name down as the licensee (and thus take responsibility for the 'orderliness of the house' I suppose) so went the whole hog and gave it a name complete with graphic.

I really enjoyed my day there, a lot of it in the beer tent! It was great fun. The beer was excellent, the company congenial and I heard some brilliantly played, charming, and quite wide-ranging concertina music. I put a lot of faces to names and met some new interesting people too.

Thanks everyone who organised it, but particularly Roger; I had a great time and got the impression that I wasn't the only one.

This pic, for those of us that weren't there, is how Roger Digby presented the beer tent at Brightlingsea; he had to put his name down as the licensee (and thus take responsibility for the 'orderliness of the house' I suppose) so went the whole hog and gave it a name complete with graphic.

I really enjoyed my day there, a lot of it in the beer tent! It was great fun. The beer was excellent, the company congenial and I heard some brilliantly played, charming, and quite wide-ranging concertina music. I put a lot of faces to names and met some new interesting people too.

Thanks everyone who organised it, but particularly Roger; I had a great time and got the impression that I wasn't the only one.

I totally agree with Dirge,a very well organised and enjoyable event.I made a point of thanking Roger for all his hard work when I was leaving.

My thanks to Chris Timson for letting me have a play on his wonderful Dipper baritone CG the notes rattled through my body as I was playing it.Also to Geof Crabb who grabbed one of his new light weight bespoke anglo's out of Keith Kendrick's (the new owner) hands so I could have a play of it. Very light weight and responsive a lovely box to play.A great craftsman and a good friend.

Al :)

Likewise. Also good to meet and talk to Dirge and the Time Lady for the first (hopefully not the last) time. Many thanks to Cap'n Digby, me hearties, aaargh!

Mind you, the whole weekend was good. The closing session was a gem! It's been a while since I last felt that good about being an Essex lad.

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson