Ella Mae O'Dwyer Clip

http://www.youtube.com/user/GravelWalks?blend=13&ob=5#p/u/2/pPDM-2seKpA

this video clip is newly posted with a marvellous fresh batch (including more than one of martin and pj hayes with the cotter siblings).....

ella mae o'dwyer was one of my favorites fromt "the clare set" box collection, and she does not disappoint here, musically, or in matching host tony macmahon for wit and a gleam in the eye.....

[devastatingly, the last second before the clip cuts off shows tony macmahon strapping on his box and telling her, "now i'm going to play YOU a tune...."

perhaps the generous poster will give us that bit at some point....] :rolleyes:

Edited by ceemonster

http://www.youtube.com/user/GravelWalks?blend=13&ob=5#p/u/2/pPDM-2seKpA

this video clip is newly posted with a marvellous fresh batch (including more than one of martin and pj hayes with the cotter siblings).....

ella mae o'dwyer was one of my favorites fromt "the clare set" box collection, and she does not disappoint here, musically, or in matching host tony macmahon for wit and a gleam in the eye.....

[devastatingly, the last second before the clip cuts off shows tony macmahon strapping on his box and telling her, "now i'm going to play YOU a tune...."

perhaps the generous poster will give us that bit at some point....] :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken, I watched her compete in a wee Fleadh competition, in the late 70s. I remember she had big heavy shoes on & she clumbed away with both feet all the way through. Also, instead of just the one tune, she played 2 Jigs, then 2 Reels & there was great life in her playing.

There weren't many sessions going on in that wee town that day, but I remember coming upon Paddy Carty playing by himself & being absolutely mesmerised by his music.

Cheers,

Dick

Hi,

Ella Mae O'Dwyer is one of my favourite player. Thank you for sharing this with us !

If my memory serves me correctly, first song is also included in the 'Come west along the road 2' DVD.

I watched the following interview and reel set for the first time :)

Cheers,

--

Taka