Wheatstone C/g Anglo #54991 For Sale

Greg Jowaisas

I am selling my Wheatstone 30 button anglo #54991. It was purchased from The Button Box one year ago and has given me excellent, trouble free service since then. I have every reason to expect it will do the same for the next owner.

(I have purchased several vintage anglos this past year and with the arrival of a wonderful 30b C/G made by Wally Carroll it is time to divest.)

*Circa 1952 *Metal ends *Eight fold (South African?) replacement bellows with practically no wear *standard Wheatstone button layout *"bent over" action that is reasonably smooth and quick *A=440 and in good tune *fairly loud with a metal enders "cut".

As with many of the Wheatstone anglos from this period the reed shoes are aluminum and screwed down to the reed pan rather than dovetailed. This concertina has steel reeds crimped to the shoes rather than secured with a two screw set. I had questioned Doug at The Button Box about this method and he said they had sold a number of this type and experienced no problems with the crimped reeds. This has also been my experience. Price: $2300. USD + shipping

Pictures of the concertina including reed pan, action and a few minute dings available.

(I have purchased several vintage anglos this past year and with the arrival of a wonderful 30b C/G made by Wally Carroll it is time to divest.)

Could you tell us more about Wally Carroll and this new anglo? I've never heard of him.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'd rather sell you #54991 but since you asked....

How about if I give you my impressions and a few facts in a new thread?

I'll then call and ask Wally if he'd like to post under "Carroll concertina to debut at Noel Hill Midwest". But I'll caution that Wally has all but sworn off looking at his computer so he can spend more time in the workshop.

Regards, Greg