Sonuus i2M MusicPort

How would this work with an acoustic instrument like the concertina?

The Demos show a Sax player using a clip on Dynamic mic with a pre-amp

feeding into the Mono 1/4 input.

The device setup is done from a computer to setup zones on the fob for Wind/Voice

, differnt gates, and breath detection

Even though it appears to have fast tracking, it is not polyphonic,

so Chords might cause some very ill effects, just as with an octave pedal, but if you mic it to

one side of an anglo or duet , compress the tone then you can use

preconfigured options like note transposition.

There's a lot of ways to do pitch-to-MIDI conversion. Personally I'd prefer to do it in software rather than hardware. For instance, if I didn't already have a MIDI anglo I would use Melodyne, an enormously capable pitch correction program I already have on my computer and which offers pitch-to-MIDI conversion in its toolbox. Pitch detection and manipulation is what Melodyne is really good at, so converting pitch to MIDI must have been an easy bolt-on for the developers.

Chris

There's a lot of ways to do pitch-to-MIDI conversion. Personally I'd prefer to do it in software rather than hardware. For instance, if I didn't already have a MIDI anglo I would use Melodyne, an enormously capable pitch correction program I already have on my computer and which offers pitch-to-MIDI conversion in its toolbox. Pitch detection and manipulation is what Melodyne is really good at, so converting pitch to MIDI must have been an easy bolt-on for the developers.

Chris

Sample for the Sonuus attached. I recorded this in Multitrack studio with one track for

straight audio from the Concertina and two midi channel tracks with overlapping note ranges.

I wound up discarding the second channel.

The remaining MIDI channel is setup as a funky Organ.

The channels played out to

the monitor in real time. XONC.mp3

Edited by Michael Ducky Raley