Jeffries Anglo

Rod

Laurences, Auctioneers of Crewkerne, Somerset, are offering for auction in September a Charles Jeffries Anglo with original leather case. An attractive colour photograph appears in todays edition of The Western Gazette. They apparently expect it to sell for around £800 to £1,000.

As Anglo-concertinas (along with Melodeons, Bandoneons, and Chemnitzers) are BISONoric instruments; I think we must expect a STAMPEDE !!!

Inventor.

Jeffries spotted at car boot sale and seller said "me Nan has another one at home and I can bring along next time but it's really dusty"

Bids (all retained) for exact location with 90 per cent to Cnet can be made here:

http://cs.calgarystampede.com/music/

:ph34r:

Laurences, Auctioneers of Crewkerne, Somerset, are offering for auction in September a Charles Jeffries Anglo with original leather case. An attractive colour photograph appears in todays edition of The Western Gazette. They apparently expect it to sell for around £800 to £1,000.

It's a 39 key one. Click here for a link to the auctioneers and scroll down the page to see the concertina in question. Don't all rush!

Chris

It's a 39 key one. Click here for a link to the auctioneers and scroll down the page to see the concertina in question. Don't all rush!

Chris

The Laurence picture appears severely distorted on my computer screen. The picture in The Western Gazette was far better but of course gives little or no indication of actual condition. I guess there are old instruments which may have been well preserved and carefully handled but yet have had little use ? If only !

Chris

The Laurence picture appears severely distorted on my computer screen. The picture in The Western Gazette was far better but of course gives little or no indication of actual condition. I guess there are old instruments which may have been well preserved and carefully handled but yet have had little use ? If only !

The pic isn't bad if you look at the bigger version . Looks like a nice one from the outside at least, and the case is in exceptionally good condition too.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Aye a 39 key ... but I wonder what key it is in? ;)

Of course, all you lucky folk in Somerset will, I'm sure, canter along gracefully & test drive this little beauty! :P

Cheers,

Dick

hello all

Is the button layout a bit diffrent from the norm for a thirty nine button

layout??

Yes, I spotted those two inside buttons too, but just assumed they might be honkers & tweeters!

Mind you, did Jeffries actually put honkers & tweeters on his best quality instruments? :unsure:

Cheers

Dick

Chris

The pic isn't bad if you look at the bigger version . Looks like a nice one from the outside at least, and the case is in exceptionally good condition too.

Yes. If the instrument had been through the wars I doubt that the leather case would appear to be in such good condition and the bellows look to be remarkably pristine. Let us hope that it will end up in the hands of someone who fully appreciates what they are purchasing and can do it justice.

Did anyone find out what it fetched?

N.B.:

So you'll just have to wait until September ... like the rest of us! ;)

Cheers,

Dick

Did anyone find out what it fetched?

N.B.:

So you'll just have to wait until September ... like the rest of us! ;)

Cheers,

Dick

Maybe we should all start making a few bob online for these Jeffries by flogging our old fiddles long ago relegated to "the loft"

But then the pleasure of a new tune from Al, for fiddle and Duet, would be more edifying! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://tinyurl.com/42pwtcp