i want this shirt, you do too

a shame it's not a better picture of the concertina.

It's a stylized depiction, Paul. I don't think it's intended to be photographic.

As with various works of "modern" art, some will like it, some won't. :unsure:

The thing that makes it "not for me", though, is that I personally prefer something a bit more modest.

While it might be nice to think that others would consider me a "concertina hero", if I have to tell them.... :(

I suspect there are some in the audience who have not been playing enough video games lately to know that the style and content of the shirt are highly suggestive of the title and logo of "Guitar Hero", a very popular musical video game.

A more photorealistic depiction of a concertina would lessen the similarity that contextualizes the shirt.

I think wearing the shirt doesn't so much mean that one claims to be a concertina hero as it means that one ironically claims to be a fan of a nonexistent video game.

I suspect there are some in the audience who have not been playing enough video games lately to know that the style and content of the shirt are highly suggestive of the title and logo of "Guitar Hero", a very popular musical video game.

A more photorealistic depiction of a concertina would lessen the similarity that contextualizes the shirt.

I think wearing the shirt doesn't so much mean that one claims to be a concertina hero as it means that one ironically claims to be a fan of a nonexistent video game.

I want one to wear when I play air concertina.

Thank you for explaining that. I had no idea. (which doesn't worry me at all, but makes me ever so slightly more interested in getting the T shirt...)_

'contextualizes', eh? A good word.

Hmm... Could be a nice way to bring up conversations about the concertina, since I can't carry around my concertina all day!

(But... I don't like to wear 'crew' necklines. I wish there was a 'v' one or something other than crew.)

Another edit...

This is available from the C-Net store:

http://www.cafepress.com/concertina2 -- see shirts

I have one of those shirts somewhere (though, the picture is not of an English concertina), I'll have to see where that went...

Edited by bellowbelle

Oops! With my love of puns, I should have thought of that.

Though I've never seen "Guitar Hero" -- not even an ad containing the logo, -- it's received enough press, both good and bad, that the name is familiar even to me.

I tried to purchase a shirt from the site and it does not accept American credit cards. (only Brazil, Denmark, South Africa or United Kingdom)

How many people would be interested in buying one of these shirts? Being South African, I could set up a bulk order. The price is R180.00 (about $22-25) excluding shipping.

Please contact me directly and we can come to some arrangement.

• 6 months later...

Hi!

I own the company that designed the "Concertina Hero" shirt, and I'd like to thank you all for the compliments!

You can check out in depth product pictures as well as other excellent t shirts at www.valhallatees.co.za , or Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/valhallatees.co.za

Thanks again!

Valhalla tees

Wear a Legend

Brilliant. I wish I had written that.