First attempts at video using iPad and my Lachenal concertina

This is my attempt at 'The Saucy Little Bird on Nellie's Hat'

I have been playing for a few months and got this 20key C/G Lachenal about a month ago. I had a big problem with it because the left hand B/C button on the G row kept staying on so giving a drone.

After a few attempts, I have managed to fix it. I got an iPad2 about 2 weeks ago so thought I would have a go at using it to video my playing.

The line up is a bit off but it has come out quite well.

You can see it on YouTube at http://bit.ly/iSJg9e

This is my attempt at 'The Saucy Little Bird on Nellie's Hat'

I have been playing for a few months and got this 20key C/G Lachenal about a month ago. I had a big problem with it because the left hand B/C button on the G row kept staying on so giving a drone.

After a few attempts, I have managed to fix it. I got an iPad2 about 2 weeks ago so thought I would have a go at using it to video my playing.

The line up is a bit off but it has come out quite well.

You can see it on YouTube at http://bit.ly/iSJg9e

A great advantage of the Anglo over your tin whistle David is that you can now incorporate some simple chords and harmony...the sky's the limit !

Your audio is far superior to my little Gateway laptop that came with a built-in video. I've done a couple of "self-portraits" playing my concertina, but the audio is so poor that I am totally disappointed. AND I'm jealous because I have not yet learned that "saucy little bird" tune. Now I'll have to page that up and play along with you! Nice job on both accounts. Have been meaning to page back to past posts looking for advice on audio quality. I know other members use some very nice programs. I'm geeky enough to play a concertina--but I don't know if I'm geeky enough to sort out the audio! Michelle

Edited by shelly0312

If you check out my You Tube videos I have used two techniques - neither of them particularly cheap - grin.

My first videos including the tin whistle ones were taken on my Canon 500D which records HD video. The second set - Saucy Little Bird - was taken on my iPad.

I had to run both through iMovie to get the bitrate down and there is little difference in the quality.

My guess is that if you bought a cheap microphone on EBay or somesuch then you would find that the sound improves greatly.

I love that tune and can see me looking for more Music Hall tunes.

If you want a great one to play with check out this You Tube video -