Hobgoblin Now Selling Through Ebay

Chris Timson

I see several Englishes from Hobgoblin on sale on eBay, for the first time, I believe. Their starting prices are, shall we say, breathtaking.

Chris

PS Paul and Ken, do you think we should have a separate forum for discussing eBay? It's not quite the buying-and-selling I suspect you originally had in mind, but I don't know where else to post this sort of thing.

Edited by Chris Timson

And they had the pictures for the tenor and treble the wrong way round til some handsome, knowledgable contertina player poited it out. Modesty of course does not permit me to name him ;) .

Edited by Lester Bailey

And they had the pictures for the tenor and treble the wrong way round til some hansome, knowledgable contertina player poited it out. Modestry of course does not permit me to name him  ;) .

"Modesty"... is that what you call your "better half"? ;)

And they had the pictures for the tenor and treble the wrong way round til some hansome, knowledgable contertina player poited it out. Modestry of course does not permit me to name him  ;) .

"Modesty"... is that what you call your "better half"? ;)

I find the concept of me having a better half somewhat strange :D

If you are refering to my lady wife, it was our 28th wedding aniversary yesterday and I took out to see some Morris danncing, what more could a girl wish for!

...I took her out to see some Morris dancing, what more could a girl wish for!

Than to be introduced to a whole bunch of hot, sweaty, younger (they are younger, right?) men?

.... Not much, I guess. :D

Unfortunately the Toronto Morris Men were there who were all younger, fitter etc etc. Mind you they danced in white shoes :(

...the Toronto Morris Men were there who were all younger, fitter etc etc. Mind you they danced in white shoes  :(

The Toronto XXXXXXX Morris Men have become a "white shoe" Morris team?

... What is this world coming to?! :o

...... When will you be posting pictures? :)

...... When will you be posting pictures?  :)

Try here

I meant the pictures from their visit to you.

Still, in the photos you pointed us to, it's fun to see some familiar faces.. and kits.

... E.g., Jerry Epstein, on the right in this photo, is a member of my old team (New York's Greenwich Morris Men) and a concertina player (English system).

This recorder player looks suspiciously familiar, too.

Wheatstone, or Lachenal?

Now he has a concertina!

Who was asking about contra dance?

Yet another concertina.

Still, in the photos you pointed us to, it's fun to see some familiar faces.. and kits.
My goodness. Thank you. I hadn't seen these.
This recorder player looks suspiciously familiar, too.
Yes, that's me and my pond-scum green $5 Yamaha plastic recorder.
Michael Siemon with the 'tina and me again on Pipe & Tabor.
Now he has a concertina!
Yes, a limited view of my Wheatstone Hayden Duet.
Who was asking about contra dance?
Me again, left foreground.

These photos were taken Labor Day weekend, 2001 when I went to the Toronto Morris Ale as a guest musician with New World Sword from New York City. Despite the apparent expression on my face in some of these, it was a fine time.

These photos looked so familar I had to check which year I went (since I didn't see any of my team in the shots) Alas it was 2002. Toronto was a fun place, but I don't think my current team is going to pull it together this year.

So how many Concertina.Netters will be at this year's Toronto Ale?  All things being equal, I'll be there.
Alas, I will not. In fact, I had dinner tonight with two members of New World Sword (Bob and Ellie), but the team is inactive these days.

If any team needs a musician at the Toronto Morris Ale, I'm available.

Meanwhile, Jim B, why don't you come to the Northeast Squeeze-In?

Point of information for non-USAns: In the US, "Labor Day" is not  May 1, but the first Monday in September.
Yes, it occurred to me as I was typing that it might not be clear, but at the same time, I was trying to avoid mentioning "September, 2001" as the Ale was just over a week before 9/11 and I didn't want to dredge up that imagery. Now I've done it.

>Alas, I will not. In fact, I had dinner tonight with two

> members of New World Sword (Bob and Ellie), but

> the team is inactive these days.

Too bad. We (Bluemont) are just barely going; injuries have been a problem.

>Meanwhile, Jim B, why don't you come to the Northeast Squeeze-In?

I may. I was there a few years back -- the 10th anniversary, I think-- but MOrris season has interfered with it since then.