etude for concertina?

I've been playing the EC (Jackie) for about a half a year now and for the past month or two I don't feel I'm progressing there is nothing more for me to do. I know I'm obviosly not amazing and I still have much to progress and I'm not planing to abandon the concertina in the near future but for now I started studying guitar and still play the 'tina every day(but I'm a little sick of playing the same level tunes (paul hardy's basic tune book) anyway after babling on here comes the qustion.

Is there an Etude (like there is for a piano) for the concertina or in other words, can someone post or tell me about a piece written for the EC that trains your skills?(not nececeraly a song or a tune that sounds nice).

Hope I was clear enough.

P.S.

I would like to have note sheet or something (I just want chalenge).

P.P.S.

Please take into concederation I have a Jackie (only 30 buttons).

I've been playing the EC (Jackie) for about a half a year now and for the past month or two I don't feel I'm progressing there is nothing more for me to do. I know I'm obviosly not amazing and I still have much to progress and I'm not planing to abandon the concertina in the near future but for now I started studying guitar and still play the 'tina every day(but I'm a little sick of playing the same level tunes (paul hardy's basic tune book) anyway after babling on here comes the qustion.

Is there an Etude (like there is for a piano) for the concertina or in other words, can someone post or tell me about a piece written for the EC that trains your skills?(not nececeraly a song or a tune that sounds nice).

Hope I was clear enough.

P.S.

P.P.S.

Have a look at the tutor materials (book/CD/online stuff) at the concertina academy led by Pauline deSnoo at http://www.concertina-academy.com/

That will stretch you!

Chris

ps check out the free exercises on that site too.

Edited by spindizzy

Hope I was clear enough.

P.S.

P.P.S.

I'm not a music teacher, but I have this that I came up with:

http://www.concertin...html?rec_id=399

This is tune number 399 in the Tune-O-Tron here at concertina.net.

It's nothing you'd want to play except for getting familiar with the concertina, really.

When I first started playing, someone who used to post in the forums here a lot but who has since left, I think, posted something in reply to me (regarding the same type of question), something about 'taking the knight's tour.' I had no idea what he meant and I still don't know if I've got it straight, but, all I can figure is that the finger patterns in this (399) remind me of -- I think -- how the knight moves in a game of chess. And I don't really play chess so maybe I've got that one wrong, too.)

thanks for the help. Unfortionatly my jackie only has 30 buttons so I can't play most of the tunes I guess I'll just learn some new song and some more instrument and explore the wonder of the musicle world and in a few years when I'll have more time and monny I'll upgrade the concertina and advance.