FS: (UK) Extremely unusual 50 Key Wheatsone Aeola ANGLO

gavdav

Due to divorce and the financial uncertainties of life as a full time gigging musician I need to sell one of my concertinas. As I currently only play one song on the C/G this is the obvious candidate. It is a 1926 four row Wheatstone. It has eight fold gold tooled bellows - by David Leese with the original unusual wheatstone tooling. Restored and tuned last year it is a great singing box - due to its size it wouldn't really suit fast tune playing, though the reeds are nice and responsive, but it is a superb and very rare concertina. Condition is pretty good - there are the usual cracks and the box would undoubtedly benefit from a full investment in a restoration, but it is sound and plays well.

As well as all the buttons you would expect from a 39 key anglo, this currently has an extra row of notes that are currently drones (duet keys) but which could be altered to provide a third anglo row - e.g. in the key of F

I will post pictures shortly, but it features in the main image at http://www.gavindavenport.com

I would like to raise £4500 from the sale of this concertina but am of course open to offers. This price is competitive and with some thoughtful work on the extra row could be an amazing amazing instrument. I would consider part exchange of smaller C/G or F/C concertinas.

thanks

Gav

Edited by gavdav