'tina repair workshop at E. Durham 2011

Fellow cnetters,

I've pitched the possibility of presenting a concertina repair and maintenance workshop at this year's Catskill's Irish Arts Week to director Paul Keating.

If anyone is going to this year's Irish Arts Week and would find a basic maintenance and repair workshop interesting now is the time to let Paul know. Here is a link to IAW information: http://catskillsirishartsweek.org/index.html

Here is their facebook email: irishartsweek("at")gmail.com (insert the "@" to defeat the spiders and spammers)

Paul is a busy guy and doesn't know me from Adam but a lot of you do, and any recommendations you can send his way could help make this workshop happen.

Thanks for your help. See you at E. Durham.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

• 2 weeks later...

In Case the C-netters haven't yet heard, Greg will indeed be giving his seminar at East Durham Irish Arts Week, Congratulations Greg, see you up there! For those that have never been to the Irish Alps, East Durham in the Northern Catskills is a great place for Irish Music of all kinds, and Traditional Music in Particular in July, it is an experience not to be missed, try to go, take Gregs seminar, and meet some new friends!

Not a total surprise. Tom and Yvonne have run the place for at least twenty years, and have put a lot of energy into doing so. Tom has suffered from many health issues keeping him from actively working in the pub, and Yvonne's attention is justly focused on his well being. I doubt there are many here capable of the hours needed to keep an eye on such a busy place. I am certain that the place will sell, and due it's location and layout will continue to be the epicenter of late night fun in East Durham.