marcus concertinas

hello all

There was a program on bbc2 saturday evening called"flog it" which included a trip to marcus concertians

and an interview with the owner.Its now on bbc i player the show was a repeat so you may have seen it befor

but well worth a look,its about 40mins in to the program

cheers

hello all

There was a program on bbc2 saturday evening called"flog it" which included a trip to marcus concertinas

and an interview with the owner.Its now on bbc i player the show was a repeat so you may have seen it befor

but well worth a look,its about 40mins in to the program

cheers

Thanks for the information about this programme. I enjoyed watching the section on Marcus concertinas.

I bought my first 'proper' anglo from Marcus in 1984, from his workshop at Tredegar House. It was a 30-key Lachenal in C/G, with rosewood ends, restored by Marcus. It cost me £150. It played very nicely indeed and it taught me a lot of Welsh tunes. rolleyes.gif

I eventually traded it in for a Wheatstone English and have since owned several other concertinas, but I've never forgotten my first anglo from Marcus.

Hello

I would like to see this episode.

I can't find it though.

Could someone please offer a link directly to the episode?

Thanks,

Richard

Marcus

It loads the site, then says "Not Available In Your Area". Why would they not want folks in the US to see it? I hope they're still not mad about that little Revolutionary War thing a few years ago...

Gary

Posted in another place, and now available here:

http://expatshield.com/

I'm told works.

Malcolm

Happy owner of a Marcus box.

(PS it's due to licensing issues. Maybe splendid isolation as well, but primarily licensing.)

Malcolm, thanks so much for the info on expatshield, it was an easy free download and worked perfectly. It's quite a good interview, and the presenter asks very knowledgeable questions - I'm too used to the mindless idiots we often have here on TV in the States!

Gary

I hardly see any TV at all, and certainly not that sort of programme, but I was visiting family and it was on in the background, and suddenly I saw "my" concertina! It was an interesting few minutes in an otherwise fairly pointless programme.