ANGLO!

Welp as of today I'm now the proud owner of a twenty button c/g anglo from http://www.theboxplace.co.uk/,

Grabbed it out of the box and immediately started pressing buttons and was a little confused as to the placing of the high notes, until i realised i had it face about arse!

Having it the right way round I've been able to make some wonderful oompah rythms often accompanied by a drone... but melodies so far are escaping me - well recognizable melodies.

Thanks to the discussions here i was able to make the choice of a brass reeded lachenal 20 button over an expensive 30 button and thanks to theo four days after making the decision I'm sitting with my new concertina.

Now only time will tell if i can make sense of it and play a tune.

Having it the right way round I've been able to make some wonderful oompah rythms often accompanied by a drone... but melodies so far are escaping me - well recognizable melodies.

otsaku,

Congratulations - on your new instrument, and on your initial success with it!

You may be surprised to hear that some beginners on the Anglo start with melodies, and seem to think that chords and accompaniments are somehow difficult. You've got the Anglo feeling right from the start - the almost automatic chords! This is the feature that sets the Anglo apart from all the other systems.

You'll soon get the hang of the melodies, too. I's a good idea to get a simple tutor that shows you what buttons to push and pull to get the scales - that's how I and probably many others got started.

Cheers,

John

otsaku,

Congratulations - on your new instrument, and on your initial success with it!

You may be surprised to hear that some beginners on the Anglo start with melodies, and seem to think that chords and accompaniments are somehow difficult. You've got the Anglo feeling right from the start - the almost automatic chords! This is the feature that sets the Anglo apart from all the other systems.

You'll soon get the hang of the melodies, too. I's a good idea to get a simple tutor that shows you what buttons to push and pull to get the scales - that's how I and probably many others got started.

Cheers,

John

Thanks. I've managed a couple of melodies today and trying to get some chords working at the same time but right now it's tough remembering there is a difference on the push and pull - then again I'm still struggling with chords on the EC but the hell with it - I like my melodies :)