"Elise" Hayden Duet

Jeff Stallard

In your E Bay auction you say that you tried to adjust to the Hayden System but finally you went back to the English concertina.

Do you mind to elaborate a bit ? I have an English concertina for rent and would be interested in trying a Duet, but I read so different and controversial opinions about this kind of concertina that I am totally confused. (By the way,up to today, Wed April 20 at 10:12 pm Eastern Time, I am the high bidder..)

Thanks ! :-)

Edited by gerardo1000

It appears gerardo and I may be in friendly competition. With luck, there will be a donation to concertina.net in the near future in either case.

I don't play myself, but I've been on the look out for a starter 'tina for my 16-yo daughter who has expressed interest in learning for a while. However, I'm not well-healed enough to invest in an instrument that may end up being a short-term interest (since she *already* plays the viola, ukulele, electric bass, accordion (sorta), and who knows what's next). Of course, she says she wants a banjo if a reasonable 'tina can't be found.