A two-waltz set for anglo and guitar

You can see that diamond squeezer Alan Day playing these two waltzes (with yours truly on guitar) at:

"Snowflakes..." is a new composition by Alan.

Cheers,

Will

Very nice....both of you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can see that diamond squeezer Alan Day playing these two waltzes (with yours truly on guitar) at:

"Snowflakes..." is a new composition by Alan.

Cheers,

Will

Just caught up..... 11 out of 10! All you're lacking is the canal boat on the Loire.

And intrigued by the two Zoom H2s - clever idea for mixing afterwards perhaps??** Or just so you have your own copies? Proof that old dogs can teach us new tricks :)

** Be useful to know. as might try same with Michael Sam at Swaledale and also with the resident piper during the early hours' night creative sessions.

Edited by Kautilya

The reason for using twin Zoom H2s was - as you say - to be able to mix the two instruments for EQ, pan and volume. So, Al's was set to mid-volume for recording (that Jefferies is a noisy little devil) and mine was set to fairly high as I was playing fingerstyle.

I fed both signals into separate channels in "Garageband" on my Mac Book Pro and separated them to match the video - me on the left and Al on the right. Then adjusted the volume to get a reasonable balance, and then synched the audio with the video (kocking out the crude audio from the camcorder at the same time). :unsure:

The reason for using twin Zoom H2s was - as you say - to be able to mix the two instruments for EQ, pan and volume. So, Al's was set to mid-volume for recording (that Jefferies is a noisy little devil) and mine was set to fairly high as I was playing fingerstyle.

I fed both signals into separate channels in "Garageband" on my Mac Book Pro and separated them to match the video - me on the left and Al on the right. Then adjusted the volume to get a reasonable balance, and then synched the audio with the video (kocking out the crude audio from the camcorder at the same time). :unsure:

Goody. Ta Will.

Trust MSW has seen this too......so he brings his mic to swaledale. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Those were great. I spent some time listening to the rest of your videos and found this one

which is one of my absolute favorite tunes played very well.

Can I also just mention how nice it is to encounter another tenor guit player?

Well it is, Gary

Those were great. I spent some time listening to the rest of your videos and found this one

which is one of my absolute favorite tunes played very well.

Can I also just mention how nice it is to encounter another tenor guit player?

Well it is, Gary

Many thanks for your comments Gary .

Although we have great fun playing the music we do take it seriously.

We work a lot on dynamics, soft, medium, loud playing to enhance the sound.

Al