Traditional music classes - Gun & Spitroast, Horsmonden

The next free Gun & Spitroast traditional music class is on Wednesday the 12th April as it's the second Wednesday of the month!

(JUST IN CASE ANYONE'S IN DOUBT IT'S NOT TOMORROW.)

By request the tunes this time are from an old dance musician's tune book from Kent - in fact, from the late 18th and early 19th century collection of Romney Marsh cleric William Mittel. The tunes I've picked out are session favourite Mittel's Hornpipe, and two that have been popularised by local band Florida, Charming Fellow and The Ball.

We'll play each one steadily and slowly, only moving on to the next one when it seems right to do so.

We meet at the Gun & Spitroast pub at Horsmonden at 8pm on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month and all are welcome. If this email doesn't really apply to you, please don't throw it away - please pass it to someone who might find it useful!

Download a pdf of the latest tunes at:

http://frittendenfestival.com/free-traditional-music-classes-at-the-gun-and-spitroast-horsmonden/

Gavin

It's Wednesday the 13th, obviously... Silly me! Sorry! Etc...

The next free Gun & Spitroast traditional music class is on Wednesday the 12th April as it's the second Wednesday of the month!

(JUST IN CASE ANYONE'S IN DOUBT IT'S NOT TOMORROW.)

By request the tunes this time are from an old dance musician's tune book from Kent - in fact, from the late 18th and early 19th century collection of Romney Marsh cleric William Mittel. The tunes I've picked out are session favourite Mittel's Hornpipe, and two that have been popularised by local band Florida, Charming Fellow and The Ball.

We'll play each one steadily and slowly, only moving on to the next one when it seems right to do so.

We meet at the Gun & Spitroast pub at Horsmonden at 8pm on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month and all are welcome. If this email doesn't really apply to you, please don't throw it away - please pass it to someone who might find it useful!

http://frittendenfestival.com/free-traditional-music-classes-at-the-gun-and-spitroast-horsmonden/

Gavin

Gavin

I was struggling to type u a note and the 12/13 seemed to change before my eyes and I gave up ... thinkin' I too was having a CRAFT moment!

Been trying to get down by combining with a mission to Stonegate.. let's see if I can make it this time.

tks!

Gavin

I was struggling to type u a note and the 12/13 seemed to change before my eyes and I gave up ... thinkin' I too was having a CRAFT moment!

Been trying to get down by combining with a mission to Stonegate.. let's see if I can make it this time.

tks!

whoops - have to cross the water so will be passing not a thousand miles away but at about 150 mph or more. sorry. next time...my loss! B)

ps may be worth putting reminde rin news and events as hard to remember which forum the post started :)

Edited by Kautilya

Gavin

tks!

whoops - have to cross the water so will be passing not a thousand miles away but at about 150 mph or more. sorry. next time...my loss! B)

ps may be worth putting reminde rin news and events as hard to remember which forum the post started :)

Oh well. I could put it in boat, so long as it won't annoy anyone... ?

Gav

The next free Gun & Spitroast traditional music class is on Wednesday the 27th April Wednesday of the month!

By request we're on a bit of a mission, picking up tunes from different parts of the country. on the 13th April we learned and practiced some tunes from Kent, and this coming weed we go to East Anglia, and area where old fashioned music playing in pubs has lasted amazingly well not just into the 20th century but even into the 21st.

The particular tunes we'll play are Harry Cox's Schottische and dulcimer maestro Billy Cooper's romantic little waltz, Dulcie Bell.

Gavin