Where fo you like to play concertina?

I' ve been playing your setting of "Le Moulin Rouge" (complete with Liz Stewart's lovely intro.) for some time now... played it for an hour, at least last night and again, sitting on the toilet, this morning

(Quote from another thread.)

Too much information IMO - but set me thinking where do folks like to play their concertina and why?

Me, I like to play in the kitchen sat next to the kitchen table - the acoustics are great.

Edit - I also have a concertina in my office - acoustics aren't so good, but I can play whenever I have to wait on something (like program compilation).

Edited by SteveS

Too much information IMO - but set me thinking where do folks like to play their concertina and why?

Me, I like to play in the kitchen sat next to the kitchen table - the acoustics are great.

On the weekends I take my dogs to a nearby woods for an off-leash ramble. (it's privately owned, and the owner encourages dog walkers to "patrol" the property) in the good weather I like to take my concertina and walk and play. Yesterday was the first time this season, and I'm heading out again in a few minutes. There's never anyone else around, and I can sing and play to my heart's content. It's a good place to work out a new song! Not sure the dogs enjoy it much though.

................. where do folks like to play their concertina and why?

in my house a good place is partway up the second flight of stairs with a view through the landing window, really good acoustics giving a rich sound even when playing quietly or, if the neighbours are at home, the attic bedroom with the door shut biggrin.gif

Well, the kitchen is preferable to the toilet, I do agree, because having the table beside you is ideal for placement of Concertina, Beer, food ,sheet music etc. However, my dog likes to sing with my Concertina, well one of the 'tinas especially, and I can keep her out of the toilet more easily and I don't usually drink beer whilst sitting in there.

On the weekends I take my dogs to a nearby woods for an off-leash ramble. ... in the good weather I like to take my concertina and walk and play.

I would never do that Bill, cause my Dog Walks also involve Birdwatching & 50% of that is visual, while the other 50% is audio, so I wouldn't have been able to snap this female Crossbill on my 4 hour Dog Walk yesterday, if I'd been honking on my Concertina, because I couldn't have heard its call! ;)

Usual spots are, while sitting at my computer, playing along with my iTune collection or by the kitchen table.

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Kitchen is best, but the five kids and dogs can get in the way. Yesterday I strung lights in the basement and went down there to play. It worked out fine for me, but the young'uns were a little put off, like "Dad has really gone off the edge now."

In my study/music room. The harps sing back. :lol:

And, like me, you would have no room for your harp in the bog......

I feel one should try to ensure surroundings are not just conducive to your arts but uplifting. However I should say I am tiring of the current decor and thinking of going for something a little less modern and the heating consumption (not the cost you understand) is really becoming non-PC.

I don't normally let people nose but in this instance it is only the music room at our summer place on the lake (the mozzies aaagghhh)...Sibelius' old home is not a thousand miles away.

I feel one should try to ensure surroundings are not just conducive to your arts but uplifting. However I should say I am tiring of the current decor and thinking of going for something a little less modern and the heating consumption (not the cost you understand) is really becoming non-PC.

I don't normally let people nose but in this instance it is only the music room at our summer place on the lake (the mozzies aaagghhh)...Sibelius' old home is not a thousand miles away.

Looks like a beautiful room and very conducive to playing - I bet the acoustics are great.

Sibelius' old home - is this in Finland?

Edited by SteveS

Looks like a beautiful room and very conducive to playing - I bet the acoustics are great.

Somewhere between Karelia and Vladivostok (give or take a few latilong-études) and that's Enuff info :ph34r: Don't want a bellows of busking bedraggled tina players knocking at the window trying to come in for Marie Antoinette cake and revolutionary kvas! :lol:

Edited by Kautilya

Somewhere between Karelia and Vladivostok (give or take a few latilong-études) and that's Enuff info :ph34r: Don't want a bellows of busking bedraggled tina players knocking at the window trying to come in for Marie Antoinette cake and revolutionary kvas! :lol:

well - down the lake

i like a nice big room with good acoustics... in small rooms i can't play too loud. i like the tone of my instrument at the louder side, and a very important consideration is that it can be difficult to play loudly in a bar if you're too used to playing quietly in a 10*10 room like me.