Must be doing it OK.....

Ran a garage sale yesterday, and had my concertina to kill time. A lady in her 70's walked up and looked at a few things, then said in a french accent (referring to my playing), "ah that brings back memories, I used to live in Paris." I started playing The Song from Moulin Rouge, and she listened for a minute then said "I must leave, I'm starting to cry," and she walked back to her car and left.

Today, a lady (the same lady, I did not recognize her) comes back, and after a few moments says "Aren't you going to play for me?" Well I recognized her then, and played her song again. As I am doing it she turns to a lady companion, and says something like "see I told you so", and they listen until I finish, then talk about Paris for a few minutes before leaving.

Overall, a nice experience.

Lovely story.

Shame you didn't have a copy of my CD with you...Could have made a sale, and made me famous!

What do you mean Ralph ? of course you are famous!

I' ve been playing your setting of "Le Moulin Rouge" (complete with Liz Stewart's lovely intro.) for some time now... played it for an hour, at least last night and again, sitting on the toilet, this morning... trying to get a real Duet feeling into my EC playing.

You are an inspiration indeed.

finnest regards (to all),

Geoff.

I' ve been playing your setting of "Le Moulin Rouge" (complete with Liz Stewart's lovely intro.) for some time now... played it for an hour, at least last night and again, sitting on the toilet, this morning... trying to get a real Duet feeling into my EC playing.

You are an inspiration indeed.

finnest regards (to all),

Geoff.

I'm really trying not to think of you listening to me, whilst sitting on a toilet! Too many surreal images for a Sunday!

BTW. Have just started work on the "ERIC" CD. (Me, Colin Thompson and Nigel Chippindale) Amazingly, have got 15 tracks! Nearly 50 minutes. Blimey.

Will let all know in due course. Some great tina playing on it (If a bit silly!)

Ralphie

I'm really trying not to think of you listening to me, whilst sitting on a toilet! Too many surreal images for a Sunday!

BTW. Have just started work on the "ERIC" CD. (Me, Colin Thompson and Nigel Chippindale) Amazingly, have got 15 tracks! Nearly 50 minutes. Blimey.

Will let all know in due course. Some great tina playing on it (If a bit silly!)

Ralphie

Errr.. maybe I worded that wrong... I meant that I was playing your setting, on my EC, whilst sitting on my toilet. Only problem is me legs go to sleep unless I tap feet strongly. The accoustics are great too and as we have two bathrooms there are not normally any interruptions.

"ERIC"?....... with lots of silly Concertina playings... sounds great to me!

Geoff.