left handed Anglo?

I came across this strange instrument.It looks like an Anglo but the bass notes are on the right side and the treble on the left one. The air button is on the left side in the bottom, probably to be actionned by the left pinky. Could it be a left handed Anglo? Have you seen such an instrument before? Is it worth anything on the concertina market ? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

post-7051-0-50667100-1301642912_thumb.jpg

post-7051-0-21108800-1301642938_thumb.jpg

I came across this strange instrument.It looks like an Anglo but the bass notes are on the right side and the treble on the left one. The air button is on the left side in the bottom, probably to be actionned by the left pinky. Could it be a left handed Anglo?

By the appearance and your description, I'd guess it's a standard anglo with the handles switched.

Whether deliberate or the result of clueless disassembly and reassembly, I wouldn't hazard a guess.

Edited to add: Does it have a maker's name?

Edited by JimLucas

Could it be a left handed Anglo? Have you seen such an instrument before? Is it worth anything on the concertina market ? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

No, worth nothing at all, in fact it is categorised as hazardous waste. Fortunately I have a special licence for neutralising this type of material prior to disposal. If you can give me full contact details I'll get the team round to pick it up.

I came across this strange instrument.It looks like an Anglo but the bass notes are on the right side and the treble on the left one. The air button is on the left side in the bottom, probably to be actionned by the left pinky. Could it be a left handed Anglo? Have you seen such an instrument before? Is it worth anything on the concertina market ? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Can you provide pictures taken with a left handed camera?

I don't understand a thing. Looks like a perfectly normal anglo to me. What happens if you turn it around 180 degrees? The person on the photo holds it upside down anyway...April fools everyone...?

We've also had reports that aliens have been spotted playing concertinas on Enceladus. So not only could DNA have been delivered to Earth by meteorites, but also concertinas!

Ken

Isn't it just a right hand concertina held upside down

Check picture 1 -How to make it a right hand concertina?

Stretch arms and put concertina on the table in front of you with stretched bellows

Remove hands from straps

Turn the concertina 180 degrees (right end over the top to the left)

Put hands into switched straps

There you got it - a right hand concertina.....

Stretch arms and put concertina on the table in front of you with stretched bellows

Remove hands from straps

why so complicated?

Remove hands from wrists

attach removed hands to opposite wrists

Put hands into unswitched straps

There you got it.....

(there's alwys one to spoil it...)

Remove hands from straps

Hi Marien

But, wouldn't that put the buttons under the heel/palm of your hands, and leave no buttons under the fingers? :unsure:

Thanks

Leo :P

Well spotted Geoff

and I even purchased a spaghetti tree

Al :unsure:

That does remind me of a neighbour , in Ireland, who came into our house whilst we were eating Spaghetti, he asked what it was and what sort of tree it might grow on, and I don't think he was joking. My wife went on to grow Spaghetti Squash that year which might have perplexed him further, especially as I recall ,they were the lefthanded variety.

Geoff.

You should ship it back to the maker, in Canada - I'm sure he could convert it to right-handed for you, at a very moderate charge... <_<