Duet International Update

Just to let you know that the three CD Duet Compilation is still happening,

I have had a long conversation with Graham this morning and his priority, in this current economic climate, is to concentrate on his company finances and deal with the more profitable aspects of trading at this time. Anglo and English Internationals ,although highly acclaimed, are only just starting to move into profit, they are expected to keep selling for years to come, but represent a heavy initial outlay.

My side of the compilation to find ,contact and obtain recordings from Duet players Worldwide is done and all passed to Graham for action. The fact that it is still Graham's intention to finish this compilation and keep to the previous high standard is worth reporting.I will continue to chase Graham on behalf of the Concertina World and report back as soon as I get some further news.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Al

Edited by Alan Day

Thanks for the update. It's worth waiting anyway, particularly in the current financial climate. Better to make it a suitable companion for the first 2 releases, than rush into a financial bear pit! (after all, some of the recordings have been hanging around for over 100 years....Another few months won't kill them!)

But, still looking forward to the final issue.

Edited by Ralph Jordan

• 1 year later...

I don't know if it could be possible to make a pre-inscription for the launch of the CD, perhaps having a number of CD confirmed or payed by future buyers. Musicians are doing recordings using the crowdfunding and it is working well, the crowdfunding, i.e.www.verkami.com. I don't know if it could be applicable in this case. I should pay just now for them!

Alan, if ever Duet International really seriously looks like happening could you let me know. As you know, the recordings I did of Heather were done in something of a tearing hurry and it would be good to re-record them properly. I'm not sure, though, I could ask her to do it unless there was a nearish prospect of them actually being used for something.

Chris

(Wearing his other hat as proprietor of Mr Punch's Studio)