Planxty Irwin on handheld Zoom Video (on Beanbag)

This might be interesting to show the kind of quality possible for everyday use on the Zoom portable Video. Even hand held it's quite presentable

Turlough O'Carolan was there in spirit!

Luvved the relaxed and swaying peformance... more Carolan, more! Tho no heavenly plucking heard nor whisky spirit seen or smelt...

On a lighter note:

What is exact model number of Zoom? Q3?

May have some visual quality suggestions depending on model and maybe some sound tips. :)

(You said handheld but after I put on headphones to hear what you were saying in the intro you mentioned a beanbag..... :unsure:

This might be interesting to show the kind of quality possible for everyday use on the Zoom portable Video. Even hand held it's quite presentable

Luvved the relaxed and swaying peformance... more Carolan, more! Tho no heavenly plucking heard nor whisky spirit seen or smelt...

On a lighter note:

May have some visual quality suggestions depending on model and maybe some sound tips. :)

(You said handheld but after I put on headphones to hear what you were saying in the intro you mentioned a beanbag..... :unsure:

yes Q3, any info welcome

On a lighter note:

yes Q3, any info welcome

I wrote half a page (with the resident zoom expert commenting) but held back till I was sure of the model and I don't know now whether I saved it!

will pm it if I find

In summary - you do not seem to be using the max res setting - always use it. You can always go down you can never go up after the event.

2. Set the sound recording level higher - your voice was hard to hear and main music I could not get up enough.

3. iF the Q3 you have has two mics at the front and the back of the camera try switching off the two front ones. This will then give you a bounce effect off the wall BEHIND the camera, which will be softer than a straight hit on front mics. (The Zoom 2 has two fore and two aft.

4 Experiment with the bounce distance. I have had good effects for a pipe band 20 yards away, with the mike facing into end wall for the bounce. This was a very high echo building and the band was in the middle of the hall with another 20 paces to wall at opposing end to mic (largest unsupported beamed roof in Northern England)the effect was much improved and clarity excellent and bad echo reduced.

Edited by Kautilya