Frittenden 26th-27th March

I'd like to draw you're attention to an item I've just put on the calendar!

We've got a cracking series of events lined up at Frittenden on the weekend of the 26th March.

Invited weekend performers include Will Duke (singer, anglo player), Andy Turner (singer, anglo and melodeon player), Annie Dearman (singer) and Steve Harrison (singer, melodeon, harmonica ), and Peter Collins (singer). Peta Webb and Ken Hall (singers) appear on Sunday evening.

I think the sessions on Saturday lunchtime and Sunday evening in particular will be terrific, and will be just the job for many players on this forum. Of course, Julie and I will also be there with our instruments.

- Saturday afternoon -

•Tunes and songs at 12 noon at the Bell & Jorrocks featuring Frittenden session regulars, guests and friends

•Stepdancing with Kerry Fletcher and Rosie Davis at the Memorial Hall 2.30–4.00pm, entry £2.50/£1.50

•Learn old fashioned dances (eg, The Veleta, The St Bernard’s Waltz, The Heel & Toe Polka), Memorial Hall 4.30–6.00pm, entry £2.50/£1.50

- Saturday evening -

An atmospheric and old-fashioned social evening at Frittenden’s Memorial Hall including songs, music from the Horsmonden Wednesday night Traditional Music Class and friends, old-fashioned dances led by Rosie Davis, and party games, entry £7/£4

- Sunday evening -

The regular B&J songs and tunes session with Peta Webb and Ken Hall from 8pm, free

For information, see http://frittendenfestival.com, or email gmatkin@gmail.com and tel 07985 522734.

Gavin